• BenvarineBenvarine
    I have a Belgian tripel that is flat. Kegged 4 weeks ago, originally force carb'd with a few other beers, then just put on serving pressure for a few weeks to let age. I tapped tonight to see how it was doing and it is pretty flat. No head at all. I closed all other kegs off and cranked up the gas to 20 psi. I sprayed the top with star San to look for leaks and see none. What am I missing or what is going on.
  • scoobscoob
    Post o ring leak?

Leak at o ring on dip tube?

I had a leak at the ball valve off my distribution block, would intermittently leak and kill a tank of co2.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I'll check and can easily replace the seals. It is a 15# tank, but I would think it would be dead by now. Basically it has to be mechanical right, not with the beer right?
  • scoobscoob
    Benvarine said:

I'll check and can easily replace the seals. It is a 15# tank, but I would think it would be dead by now. Basically it has to be mechanical right, not with the beer right?

I would guess an issue not right at the keg, but triple check the seals on that keg too
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    is the keg wayyyyy topped off? like 0 head space? if it is that can slow gas permeation to a crawl.

make sure the pressure in the keg is what you expect. with it hooked up to the tank, pop the blow off a couple times and make sure it fills right back up and has the same noise each time.

if it's a leak, i would expect the tank to be near empty if not completely empty. pick it up.

what about other kegs on the same regulator? any foaming or flatness issues there?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    No other keg problems from the other two hooked up. I'll unhook and let sit and see it it holds pressure after a few hours by pulling the relief. I'll also try the method you said first. I don't recall it's real full, but I'll see. Tank still felt heavy last night, but I'll lift it completely. I can also weigh it and see what's left.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    any updates on this? did you figure out the issue?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Never did. I hooked it up, it is Carbed. I wonder if one disconnect was off a bit. Maybe the co2 so it wasn't filling at all??? I had a defective beer disconnect but that was obvious, beer shot out.
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

Never did. I hooked it up, it is Carbed. I wonder if one disconnect was off a bit. Maybe the co2 so it wasn't filling at all??? I had a defective beer disconnect but that was obvious, beer shot out.

Yay? I guess? The beer is good though? That's what counts.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    A DC that wasn't seated, a valve that was off or a check valve that was/is frozen could all give you that result. I'd probably look at the check valves since its the least obvious thing.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Where is the check valve?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i don't have check valves.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    Most distribution blocks have valves to turn on/off the flow of co2 to each of the lines coming off.

99% of those valves include an integrated check valve in the body.
  • ThymThym
    Any updates?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    No. Just back from vacation. On the list however. All beer is still Carbed, so that's good news.