quick and easy Cyser
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    4.5 gallons 100% apple juice
    1/2 gallon mixed berry 100% juice (ocean spray is what i use)
    6 pounds honey
    toss in 5 tsp. nutrient and 2.5 tsp energizer
    mix it all together really good to dissolve the honey and aerate.
    2 packets k1v-1116 (or ec-1118)
    ferment for two weeks
    rack to secondary for one month until clear
    bottle or keg. drink this sparkly. 3.5 volumes of CO2 is best in bottles but you will need swing tops for that, i think. in a keg, bring it up to 20 PSI and just leave it there.
    comes in around 11% alcohol.
    ready to drink once carbed up, but it will get better with a little age, if you can manage that.
    enjoy
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Do you need to add sugar to bottle and get carbonation? You can't use wine corks can you? Will the corks pop?
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

Do you need to add sugar to bottle and get carbonation? You can't use wine corks can you? Will the corks pop?

if you want carb, you need to either add some fermentable (sugar,corn sugar, honey, etc) or force carb and bottle off keg.
    i have bottled beer with corks in wine bottles before, it can be risky, but if you have decent corks, i have never had a problem with 2.5 volumes pushing corks out.

if you don't want to add sugar, you can just bottle at 1.015 or something, but that's really risky because you don't know when exactly that will stop fermenting, plus, you will have more gunk in your bottle than most would want.