Different carb levels different taps?
  • C_BC_B
    I have a kegerator that currently holds 4 cornies. Ima set it up on a platform in the basement and run lines up to the kitchen above for taps on the wall (badass, I know). In working through the math to figure out tap line diameter and length I've had trouble deciding what carb level I want to set the system up for. Obviously this plays a big role in serving pressures soooooooo, I'm thinking this.... One line set up for 14psi, 2 lines set up for 10-12 and a line for the stout faucet. that probably means two 3/16 and two 1/4. Generally I'll always have something on the stout faucet. Always have a lightish or wheat beer and two middle of the road or low carbed beers in the other two. What would be the disadvantage?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Oh and I have multiple regulators, faucets, CO2 and beer gas tanks to have pretty much all the hard parts except the 1/4" line.
  • ThymThym
    There's no real disadvantage, except you have to deal with two different sizes of line and the fittings for those sizes. Other than that I say go for it. Most commercial installs only put in one line size. When in doubt the smaller size is probably better, because a slow pour is better than a fast foamy pour
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

There's no real disadvantage, except you have to deal with two different sizes of line and the fittings for those sizes. Other than that I say go for it. Most commercial installs only put in one line size. When in doubt the smaller size is probably better, because a slow pour is better than a fast foamy pour

I mean, ideally I would just buy flow control faucets and run a larger lines. But you know, monies.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

Generally I'll always have something on the stout faucet. Always have a lightish or wheat beer and two middle of the road or low carbed beers in the other two. What would be the disadvantage?

you'd have to buy a lot of beer to keep up with this plan.

CurlyFat
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake