Cigars for beginners
  • C_BC_B
    I thought this needed some space of it's own. Plus, I don't want to have to go find it again.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

Cigar

On that note, I need to find a couple good mild cigars to take to the beach.
  • jlwjlw
    C_B said:

jlw said:

Cigar

Look for anything Arturo Fuentes Hemingway line. The Hemingway short story is one of the best you'll find and usually at a very reasonable price. The others are good too.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    C_B said:

jlw said:

Cigar

Oliva Serie V
    Sign here______________________________
    I feel bad suggesting the V. It's an awesome cigar, but I wouldn't describe it as light.

Oliva Serie G and Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real are good light sticks.
    Rocky Patel The Edge Maduro.
    Dammit, there I go again. Don't buy "The Edge". Its not light either.

Anything from Macanudo is fine. Well, not really. A little wind and the salt air and you might as well have a Marlboro Ultra light and a Michelob Ultra.
    Do you like "flavors"? Drew Estates "Acid" line has some neat stuff. Not flavored, but infused with botanicals or something like that.
    On flavors, my uncle likes the Tatiana Nightcap. It's a chocolate flavored cigar. Not like a black and mild or night owl. It's a decent cigar with a flavor.
  • jlwjlw

C_B said:

jlw said:

Cigar

Oliva Serie V

@jeepinjeepin very good call
  • C_BC_B

Do you like "flavors"? Drew Estates "Acid" line has some neat stuff. Not flavored, but infused with botanicals or something like that.

Beats me. Black and mileds were the go too in college. Or backwoods. Or Swisher Sweets. But we were drinking Natural Light so I don't put a lot of stock in anything I remember from then.
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

C_B said:

jlw said:

Cigar

Oliva Serie V

@jeepinjeepin very good call

I'm going to forget that. Somebody at me.
  • jlwjlw

I feel bad suggesting the V. It's an awesome cigar, but I wouldn't describe it as light.

Oliva Serie G and Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real are good light sticks.

Rocky Patel The Edge Maduro.

Yes an yes
  • C_BC_B
    Ok, I don't want a cigarette. I want a legit cigar. Just not a gigantor face punch of flavor that's going to take me three hours to smoke.
  • scoobscoob

C_B said:

jlw said:

Cigar

Oliva Serie V

@C_B

Perfect cigar for ya right there
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Anybody use cigarsdirect.com? Seems like ok prices, but I don't know. I'm still going to stop at the local place.
  • jlwjlw
    C_B said:

Anybody use cigarsdirect.com? Seems like ok prices, but I don't know. I'm still going to stop at the local place.

Only go to my local shop. I like see and touch and smell.
  • ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

C_B said:

But ... can you get a cigar there for afterwards?
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    ceannt said:

jlw said:

C_B said:

But ... can you get a cigar there for afterwards?

Absolutely.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

i've used pipesandcigars.com a couple times. they seem like good people to do business with. i only bought pipe tobacco, so i'm not sure how the cigar prices are.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B

C_B said:

i've used pipesandcigars.com a couple times. they seem like good people to do business with. i only bought pipe tobacco, so i'm not sure how the cigar prices are.

This site is much nicer to navigate than the other one.
  • C_BC_B
    WOW! I thought "Oliva Serie V" would be a cigar. Like one cigar. Wrong. What's the difference between double robusto, double toro, churchill extra, etc? Size and shape? It's all the same tobacco within that type? I 'spose I could go check out the Cigar 101 threads...
    How about the Olivia Serie V Lancero? I think I'll just get a couple of those.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

WOW! I thought "Oliva Serie V" would be a cigar. Like one cigar. Wrong. What's the difference between double robusto, double toro, churchill extra, etc? Size and shape? It's all the same tobacco within that type? I 'spose I could go check out the Cigar 101 threads...

Did it take ya 2 hours?
  • C_BC_B

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

To figure that out? No. I thought as much last night, but like I said, the other website was no bueno. And shuty, this is a beginner's thread. So when do I add the milk?
    C_B said:

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

To figure that out? No. I thought as much last night, but like I said, the other website was no bueno. And shuty, this is a beginner's thread. So when do I add the milk?

Oh, ok. I thought you were saying you had a Serie V and was exclaiming it was more than one cigar.

Shapes and sizes, you don't need to know them all. I like robustos are they are common. From there a toro is a longer robusto. A corona is a thin robusto. A double corona is a long corona. Petit corona is smaller. Corona gordo is larger. Petit robusto... From there learn lonsdale and Churchill and the shapes perfecto and torpedo and you know more than enough to get along just fine.
  • C_BC_B

C_B said:

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

Oh, ok. I thought you were saying you had a Serie V and was exclaiming it was more than one cigar.

Shapes and sizes, you don't need to know them all. I like robustos are they are common. From there a toro is a longer robusto. A corona is a thin robusto. A double corona is a long corona. Petit corona is smaller. Corona gordo is larger. Petit robusto... From there learn lonsdale and Churchill and the shapes perfecto and torpedo and you know more than enough to get along just fine.

Right right, that all makes sense.
  • C_BC_B

C_B said:

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

BTW, this would have been hilarious.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    C_B said:

C_B said:

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

cut it in half. bam, two cigars.
  • ThymThym

C_B said:

C_B said:

C_B said:

Did it take ya 2 hours?

cut it in half. bam, two cigars.

no
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • joejoe
    You can find good deals on premium cigars at http://www.bnbtobacco.com/