C_B's Pale Ale
  • jlwjlw
    First I have to say this is a quality beer. In fact I would buy this commercially.

Appearance: nice golden color. As I sit here typing I'm watching the thin lacing of head on top supported by the carbonation bubbles pouring to the top. It forces me to take another drink.

Aroma: I might be mistaken but my first thought was floral nose that was subtle and inviting. Not overpowering.

Taste: again I get floral notes from the first sip a nice bitterness, not overpowering and exactly what I want out of a pale ale. On the back end I get the same bitterness that is perfect. It doesn't linger it doesn't burn up your taste buds it's just right. From start to finish its clean, crisp and delicious.

My only regret is I have only one of these to drink. Well done.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    auto correct overload.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • jlwjlw
    Yeah. I should fix
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

Yeah. I should fix

nah, you can still understand it. and it's funnier this way.
  • jlwjlw
    Too late.
  • jlwjlw
    Oh yeah I took a picture too.
    image.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 586K
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    hey, that looks like beer!
  • jlwjlw
  • C_BC_B
    Wow! Thanks for the fantastic review! That really was my best beer to date. I really loved how it laced ever so slightly down the glass.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Did you use an English yeast strain or is the floral notes purely hop driven?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    I'm assuming this is a different batch from what was sent my direction?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

Well yeah .... he just peed in the bottle he sent you, ......

You knew that .... right?
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

Well yeah .... he just peed in the bottle he sent you, ......

You knew that .... right?

Ha!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    http://www.homebrewforums.net/discussion/597/help-me-design-a-pale-ale-for-these-hops-/p1

Here is the recipe thread. This is what I marked PA and sent to fry, benvarine, JLW and Lake.
  • C_BC_B
    C_B said:

http://www.homebrewforums.net/discussion/597/help-me-design-a-pale-ale-for-these-hops-/p1

Here is the recipe thread. This is what I marked PA and sent to fry, benvarine, JLW and Lake.

I bottled all six bottles from the same keg at the same time.
  • C_BC_B
    scoob said:

Did you use an English yeast strain or is the floral notes purely hop driven?

S-05
    But I've read that Palisade can be very floral on the right palate.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    mine are chilled and will be drank at 9 or so tomorrow morning. don't want to taint the palate with anything else.
  • C_BC_B

mine are chilled and will be drank at 9 or so tomorrow morning. don't want to taint the palate with anything else.

1) 9am is a perfect time for a pale ale. Goes good with eggs.

2) You kept the whole box, didn't you?
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    >:)

actually no. The wifey is going to drop @benvarine's stash at one of his parks next week.
  • ThymThym

actually no. The wifey is going to drop @benvarine's stash at one of his parks next week.

So benvarine is still living out of his car moving from park to park? That's too bad. I thought for sure the job at 7-11 was going to come through.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Lakewood said:

So benvarine is still living out of his car moving from park to park? That's too bad. I thought for sure the job at 7-11 was going to come through.

no, he just chills out in the parks during the day....seeing male "associates" in the men's bathroom.
  • ceanntceannt
    OK... I tried the one C_B sent me last night.... I was a little suspicious of it due to the heat it had sat in all day on my front porch....
    I agree with everything that jlw said... this is a good beer. The aroma is heaven... Very hop forward, but a balanced brew.
    Dang fine work!
  • C_BC_B
    Thanks!

(What the hell did I send Lake?.....)
  • ceanntceannt
    C_B said:

Thanks!

That was covered earlier .... you were drunk and don't remember
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

man... i don't get it. i very clearly and distinctly picked up an off flavor. I found it in all of the beers (not in the wine). But seriously, if these guys are all schnitz-n-giggles over it then you can just disregard my feedback.
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

man... i don't get it. i very clearly and distinctly picked up an off flavor. I found it in all of the beers (not in the wine). But seriously, if these guys are all schnitz-n-giggles over it then you can just disregard my feedback.

Nothing at all "off" in the bottle I had.... could be a fluke, just something in that one bottle.... or maybe you are a "one percenter" kinda like the folks that taste something really awful if there are artificial sweeteners in stuff....
  • ceanntceannt
    Or it could have just been that tin of sardines you ate right before you drank it.....
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

Nothing at all "off" in the bottle I had.... could be a fluke, just something in that one bottle.... or maybe you are a "one percenter" kinda like the folks that taste something really awful if there are artificial sweeteners in stuff....

Well, I can say without a doubt that I've never eaten a food with artificial sweetener without being able to not only taste it but usually I can tell you which one it is. I can also pick out msg and a lot of other additives in food.

So.... Yeah.

I can also taste when a bar needs to have their draft lines serviced, long before they have customers complain apparently.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

Well, I can say without a doubt that I've never eaten a food with artificial sweetener without being able to not only taste it but usually I can tell you which one it is. I can also pick out msg and a lot of other additives in food.

me too! i hate that stuff.
  • jlwjlw
    Man I wish I had a palat tuned like you guys. Especially lake apparently.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

So.... Yeah.

I can also taste when a bar needs to have their draft lines serviced, long before they have customers complain apparently.

In your original comments I think you noted that you really like the beer. Then went on to note the mild off flavor. Throughout the next couple you noticed a stronger off flavor and I think narrowed it down when the no fruit added stout tasted like raspberries.
    Really I think you just have an epic palate.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

C_B said:

Thanks!

So.... Yeah.

In your original comments I think you noted that you really like the beer. Then went on to note the mild off flavor. Throughout the next couple you noticed a stronger off flavor and I think narrowed it down when the no fruit added stout tasted like raspberries.
    Really I think you just have an epic palate.

Yeah, now that you mention it, the pale had only a slight off flavor. It was the WA that I had to turn away. The CS was good while cold, but there was a flavor that shouldn't have been there. As it warmed up I was able to isolate it as being the same off flavor from the others.