I need more craft beer available in a can
  • jlwjlw

This is somewhat of a selfish post. When I'm on vacation going from pool to beach I don't want to deal with bottles.

I realize a lot of brewers are starting to put stuff in cans but its not prevalent yet. I know there is more out there than distributors are putting on shelves. In a beach town with strict no bottles on the beach laws you would think the massive ABC wine/beer/liquor mega mart would stock a bunch of canned stuff. They have a fantastic craft selection and its all bottles.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I love me some old chub. Light proof too, so no Skunking
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • jlwjlw

I love me some old chub. Light proof too, so no Skunking

I like Oskar blues and I can almost always find that back home. No such luck here I'm going to try one more store tonight. Ill either go with Sierra Nevada pale ales, bottle beer and deal with it or maybe Ill just drunk liquor all the rest of the week.
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Where are you? Come to a NC beach and go to the grocery store. Many of the Food Lions and Lowe's Foods have a local beer section. I bought Aviator Hot Rod Red in cans at Food Lion at the beach this past weekend.
    Sign here______________________________
    Mother Earth Brewing puts product in cans and on the shelves as well.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    SN cans too, hard to find, but they make it.

Or just go with PBR
    -Some guy in Ohio
    Yup, I mulled over PBR and Coors Banquet for the beach. Ended up with NB Shift and the Aviator. I have this whole non-macro thing.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Can you get Narragansett where you are? It's shit but can keep you hydrated.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • jlwjlw
    Oh and I'm in Florida.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Florida has a shitty beer selection in general.
  • jlwjlw

You are correct. Although these ABC mega marts I found have a decent selection. The grocery stores suck.
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

You are correct. Although these ABC mega marts I found have a decent selection. The grocery stores suck.

This has been my experience.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym

Just one more reason for me to never want to visit Florida again.

I thought i just struck out while i was there... I didn't even drink a single beer when i was there because the selection at the restaurants/bars was so terrible. I guess its not just me.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

I thought i just struck out while i was there... I didn't even drink a single beer when i was there because the selection at the restaurants/bars was so terrible. I guess its not just me.

so.... you want to explain the video of you drinking Bud Light Lime?????
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

when i was there, publix had a semi decent beer selection. mostly bottles, but there was some ok stuff in cans too.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt
    Here's a thought .....
    Just take a keg with you ....anybody asks just say its a big can
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ceannt said:

Here's a thought .....
    Just take a keg with you ....anybody asks just say its a big can

buy one of these.

• FuzzyFuzzy
    no one questions a fire extinguisher.
  • ceanntceannt
    Yeah .... I always take a fire extinquisher to the beach with me ...........
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Yeah .... I always take a fire extinquisher to the beach with me ...........

makes sense.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

thats not even funny. If i want lime in my beer i'll cut it myself.
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Lakewood said:

thats not even funny. If i want lime in my beer i'll cut it myself.

Ha!
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

Yeah it sucks compared to other places but it isn't terrible. The Publix seem to have a pretty good selection of craft (albeit big craft) bottles. The restaurants are a crap shoot. I'd say half of them have a local IPA on tap with the BMC. The rest have Shock Top, no thanks.
  • ceanntceannt
    Shock Top?? Eeewwwwww....

That's almost as horrid as Bud Light lime ...
  • ceanntceannt
    The little bitty grocery store on Ocracoke has a wonderful selection of good beer .... last time I was there I didn't see anything worth drinking in cans though
  • ceanntceannt
    I just improvised a "growler " when we hit the beach ... big nalgene bottle with five bottles of beer poured in it ... good enough for an hour or two
  • C_BC_B
    ceannt said:

I just improvised a "growler " when we hit the beach ... big nalgene bottle with five bottles of beer poured in it ... good enough for an hour or two

I like the way you think.
  • ceanntceannt
    C_B said:

ceannt said:

I like the way you think.

:)
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

So you're saying you thought, "hum I should try a shock top one day" and drank one.

I can't comprehend how you would know anything about Bud Light Lime.
    -Some guy in Ohio
    ceannt said:

The little bitty grocery store on Ocracoke has a wonderful selection of good beer .... last time I was there I didn't see anything worth drinking in cans though

We have good sense over/down here. Add in the massive and growing number of breweries in the state and the fact that I think our growler law was recently loosened a bit and you can see why it's fairly easy to find good beer here.

ceannt said:

So you're saying you thought, "hum I should try a shock top one day" and drank one.

I tried to drink a bud light lime(free) at Charlotte Motor Speedway once. I couldn't do it. The choices were bud heavy, bud light, and bud lime. I went back to bud heavy for the night.
  • ceanntceannt
    OK ....somebody offered me a Shock Top ...it were free so wtf? I took a sip ...and handed it back ....
    The Bud light lime ... I don't need to try ...I don't have to try .. and you can't make me ... point a gun at my head and I'd tell you to go ahead and pull the trigger ....
  • C_BC_B

ceannt said:

It's bud light with lime. I can assume. bitter water with artificial lime.
    C_B said:

ceannt said:

It's bud light with lime. I can assume. bitter water with artificial lime.

That's pretty close. It's straight nasty.
  • jlwjlw
    I'm goin to repurpose this thread as a place for us to post pics and canned beer we should try or stay away from.
  • jlwjlw
    Cigar city brewing - Jai Ale ipa. Pretty decent ipa. Not a hop bomb maybe closer to a pale ale but hoppy enough to make it an ipa. I would recommend for beach or pool or boat drinking beer clean and crisp very little malt backbone. Come in at 7.5% abv. Oh this brewery is a Tampa area brewery I think.
    image.jpg
    1280 x 2047 - 690K
  • jlwjlw
    One more from cigar city. They have a brown ale thy was quite tasty. I don't have a pic but it was good and I would absolutely buy again.
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

I'm goin to repurpose this thread as a place for us to post pics and canned beer we should try or stay away from.

Good call.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I just bought ranger IPA from NewBelgium. Good can option.
  • jlwjlw
    Benvarine said:

Love this beer and I knew I had seen it somewhere in can buy haven't been able to find it, so at least I'm not mis remembering.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Benvarine said:

Love this beer and I knew I had seen it somewhere in can buy haven't been able to find it, so at least I'm not mis remembering.

I've not seen it in can, but I can believe it is available.
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

jlw said:

Benvarine said:

I've not seen it in can, but I can believe it is available.

well played