North Coast Brewing - Brother Thelonious
  • C_BC_B
    Appearance - Dark copper with a thin head.
    Aroma - Licorice? very forward and very yummy.
    Taste - More licorice with a raisin finish. Again very forward and very yummy.
    Overall - Fanfreakingtastic. It would really be too sweet for more than one. But overall a very nice beer. Not exactly what I expected for a "Belgian style Abby ale."
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    it's weird but it's good. you need to be in the mood for it though, it's not an every day beer.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

it's weird but it's good. you need to be in the mood for it though, it's not an every day beer.

You've had it? I agree with this statement.

At first I was like, "WOW! BAM, RIGHT IN THE KISSER"

Then I was like, "It's good... But a bit too sweet."

And at the end I was like, "Whatever, its ok I guess."
  • C_BC_B
    The sweetness/raisin/licorice comes off in the first taste as maltyness. It is not maltyness.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

The sweetness/raisin/licorice comes off in the first taste as maltyness. It is not maltyness.

im pretty sure it's special B or something along those lines.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Lakewood said:

You've had it? I agree with this statement.

At first I was like, "WOW! BAM, RIGHT IN THE KISSER"

Then I was like, "It's good... But a bit too sweet."

And at the end I was like, "Whatever, its ok I guess."

i think i hang in the near the middle on this one. i would probably have to try it again though to give an accurate assessment. it's been a while and my ability to gauge flavors in beers has evolved a bit.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_B said:

Oh good call. I was thinking they got happy with the C60. But that really isn't right. It's too much of something crystally/caramelly but not really either of those.
    I feel like knocking that single ingredient back by half would drastically change this beer for the better.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Lakewood said:

C_B said:

Oh good call. I was thinking they got happy with the C60. But that really isn't right. It's too much of something crystally/caramelly but not really either of those.
    I feel like knocking that single ingredient back by half would drastically change this beer for the better.

I feel like I should get a bottle of this soon and give it a proper taste. I'm going off of vague memories and your description at this point.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_B said:

Lakewood said:

C_B said:

I feel like I should get a bottle of this soon and give it a proper taste. I'm going off of vague memories and your description at this point.

You should totally do this to validate the review.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Lakewood said:

C_B said:

Lakewood said:

C_B said:

You should totally do this to validate the review.

Mission accepted.