1/6 barrel sanke tap
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I always have a commercial guest tap on my system. All are sanke 1/6 barrels. I have what I assume is a standard sanke tap, long handle. On some kegs it is nearly impossible to get the handle down and seated because of the raised handles/ridge on the keg is closer than a 1/4 or 1/2 barrel. Most of the time it is very difficult and the handle never really clicks in place. I have seen a wing handle tap that would work. Anyone else run into this problem. I searched google with that question, and some other POS forum some poor guy asked the same question, and some douch replied, "sanke taps are made for sanke kegs." Clearly someone who has never tapped a 1/6 barrel with a long handle tap.
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

I always have a commercial guest tap on my system. All are sanke 1/6 barrels. I have what I assume is a standard sanke tap, long handle. On some kegs it is nearly impossible to get the handle down and seated because of the raised handles/ridge on the keg is closer than a 1/4 or 1/2 barrel. Most of the time it is very difficult and the handle never really clicks in place. I have seen a wing handle tap that would work. Anyone else run into this problem. I searched google with that question, and some other POS forum some poor guy asked the same question, and some douch replied, "sanke taps are made for sanke kegs." Clearly someone who has never tapped a 1/6 barrel with a long handle tap.

Other forums are jerks. You came to the right place. I have the twist style. I've not had a problem tapping the one 1/6th barrel keg I tapped that one time long ago. Lemme see if I can go snap a pic, hang on....
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Here it is...
    1373517623899.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 579K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    i have a standard sanke tap (two actually) , but the handle is fairly short, it easily clears on a 1/6 barrel keg.

maybe post a picture of yours?

im thinking you could just cut it down and it will be fine.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I think the one CB showed is what I need. I thought about cutting it but not sure if it will still work. The handle is plastic and covers a metal handle. You have to pull out on the handle, then when you engage it the handle snaps back in. Probably doesn't make any sense. I might buck up and buy one. I am having gas flow problems on that keg and I think it is because the tap isn't fully seated, therefore the gas line isn't flowing at full capacity. All other ball lock kegs are flowing fine.