Twitter Account is Live (Need Help from all HBF Members)
  • jlwjlw
    The handle is @HomeBrewForums1

I see Jeepin has already found us which is great. The account has been up and running since I think Saturday morning and we have 9 followers thus far. My ask of all users of this site is to sign up, follow us and interact a little if you can. If you have a Hombrewclub that tweets or a LHBS that tweets let me know and I will ask them to follow or maybe you can do the same.

My plan for the twitter account is to use as an extension of this site. I will likely try to do daily tweets about things that are trending. Maybe tweet a weekly recipe. I think there is value in tweeting our problem solve threads or the one recently about how to harvest local wild yeast (things like that). The goal with these will be to link the thread which will point users back to the main site here and hopefully drive up users here on HBF

Please let me know if you have other ideas for how to use twitter. Things you think would be good to tweet (tkt would be priceless but off limits). I've been expiramenting with it for a couple of months now just trying to get a feel for how to best use.

• jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    I have no science to back this up, but I would suggest following Northern Brewer, More Beer, etc., as well as nationally available craft beer brands. It seems like that helps people find you.
    Sign here______________________________
  • jlwjlw
    Yeah, those are my targets. Just haven't had time since Saturday to do anything with it.
    Roger that. I get follows usually weekly from photo or beer related users that I've never heard of. It has to be a suggested connection from some sort of mutuality.
  • ThymThym
    @frydogbrews schlafly is our newest twitter follower.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

Bangin' they make hilarious films.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

we're gonna be famous!

i also just went through and followed every beer related somebody in the twitterverse.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

we're gonna be famous!

i also just went through and followed every beer related somebody in the twitterverse.

I noticed it (we?) Are following a lot of peeps. Like, a LOT.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

we're gonna be famous!

I noticed it (we?) Are following a lot of peeps. Like, a LOT.

yay beer
    That's how it works, I think. You follow a ton of people. Half of them follow you back. Other people find you from those that did follow you. Follow them if they don't suck. Continue.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Lakewood said:

frydogbrews schlafly is our newest twitter follower.

glad to hear it. i don't do the twitter thing, but the wife does. i will tell her to friend you, or tweet you, whatever the hell you do on that thing.