WLP 300, WLP 320 or Munton's classic Munich?
  • C_BC_B
    Go.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    What's the grain bill and target style?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Thym said:

What's the grain bill and target style?

Smooth drinkin' wheat. Not watered down, smooth and refreshing. Grain bill is wheat dme 65/35 or something like that and a bit of C20 for color.

The question is of those three yeasts, what's your favorite all around? And why.
  • ThymThym
    I've never used anything from muntons. And between the two white labs strains I prefer the 300. I'm not a big fan of the American Wheat styles with the banana character. Though if I were brewing a wheat today I'd probably go with 630 Berliner Weiss or use 300 for primary and some lactobacillus delbruekii 677 in the secondary.
  • ceanntceannt
    If I was going to brew a German wheat beer, I'd go really old school, and do a 50/50 mix of 7L Munich Malt and Red Wheat Malt, with a tiny touch of Chocolate Wheat for some color, and use an Alt yeast.
    Obviously, I'm not a fan of "banana" either, or bubble gum. If you really like the "Modern" wheats, stick with the 300.
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    More Germany, less moderny.
  • C_BC_B
    Also, not doing AG.

What I've read about muntons classic Munich is I want that one but I don't remember why. I've used it before and liked the results.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Also, not doing AG.

What I've read about muntons classic Munich is I want that one but I don't remember why. I've used it before and liked the results.

Sounds like you like it. That's probably why you want it.
  • ThymThym
    Just a guess though.
  • C_BC_B
    Beer is still green. Has a bit of extract twang yet. I've paid for worse beers at craft breweries.