PranQster Belgian style golden ale
  • C_BC_B
    Appearance: This beer poured a one finger head that reduced to a thin layer. It is a pale orange color with great clarity and bubbles coming up through the glass.

Smell: Citrusy as you would expect from a Belgian. Not terrible strong though.

Taste: Orange. I expect most of the taste comes from the yeast with a simple grain bill.

Mouthfeel: Medium to high carbon. Dirty like a Belgian should be.

Overall: I like it. Really, it's a bit thin for my tastes but overall very nice.
    IMAG0927.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 631K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • Evan_BEvan_B
    I like this one a lot. Not as spicy as I would prefer, but this is still a really good beer.
    If you like this, NC brewing also makes Le Merle, a farmhouse ale. It's definitely on the citrusy side, but its good.
    Amigo, lay them raises down.
  • C_BC_B
    The more I think about this and the notes that I made....

I think the golden ale is really the issue for me. I don't golden ales regardless of twists made to them. For what is was, I did really like it. I was looking for something more, some mouthfeel. Some thickness. But that isn't the fault of this beer. That isn't what they were trying to accomplish.
    Eitherway, kudos to a nice summer beverage.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    Most American versions miss the mark with this style .... they should be very dry .... but huge ... Duval is probably one of the better ones that is easy to find
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.