Hello from the Olympic Peninsula in WA
  • N_ClarkN_Clark
    Been brewing as far as I can recall since at least 1995 but have always done extract or partial mash. Won an award once at the Alaska homebrew competition for my fall pumpkin ale but I think I've improved it since then. Just a casual brewer for home use and I keg only now. Don't take myself too seriously as far as tracking SG, alcohol content etc but I might do that if I brew up a reciep where its important enough to recreate exactly. Looking forward to exploring around this site!
  • ThymThym
    Welcome to the site! It sounds like you'll fit right in around here. We all love brewing for the beer of it, but nobody is too serious about it. At the same time, there's tons of practical and academic knowledge around here, so it's a lot of fun.

Make sure you get a few more posts in and sign up for the Stir Plate giveaway, that's closing soon!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty lax on my brewing anymore, unless its a new recipe, I pretty much roll with it as well!

And if a question you have, ask away! We have a pretty good knowledge base here, and if nobody knows the answer, we can bull s**t pretty good here too!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you'll fit right in around here. We all love brewing for the beer of it, but nobody is too serious about it. At the same time, there's tons of practical and academic knowledge around here, so it's a lot of fun.

Make sure you get a few more posts in and sign up for the Stir Plate giveaway, that's closing soon!

those stirplates are pretty sweet I hear! :D

Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Welcome to your new home. Like those other guys said, stir plate. There is a thread about it. Post there to enter. You also gotta get your karma up a bit. Got some recipes you can lay down on us? New threads will boost you up quick.
    Sign here______________________________
  • ceanntceannt
    Welcome!
    I love the Olympic peninsula .... absolutely beautiful up there.
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    Welcome to the site.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Welcome. Nice to have new members posting. And don't listen to those guys. They brew stuff like prison swill. They are also a bad influence, they post all the time, day and night, if they spent half that time actually brewing, they could open a 5000 bbl brewery. I'm on vacation and I'm checking the posts. See, bad influence, don't get sucked in, you can never leave.....
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Howdy and welcome! glad you found your way here.
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Welcome. Nice to have new members posting. And don't listen to those guys. They brew stuff like prison swill. They are also a bad influence, they post all the time, day and night, if they spent half that time actually brewing, they could open a 5000 bbl brewery. I'm on vacation and I'm checking the posts. See, bad influence, don't get sucked in, you can never leave.....

hahahahahah
  • scoobscoob
    Benvarine said:

Hey! I brew a lot!

Ok.... I used to brew a lot before my boy arrived, now I just daydream about brewing.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Benvarine said:

Hey! I brew a lot!

Ok.... I used to brew a lot before my boy arrived, now I just daydream about brewing.

and you only have one.... try three.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    @N_Clark , this is how most posts degenerate. It's a lot of fun.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    This is Sparta!!!!!!!

The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    and welcome to the site.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • LothosLothos
    Welcome I too am on the olympic peninsula
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • N_ClarkN_Clark
    @Lothos - where are you? We're in Sequim. Just kegged up the Hazelnut brown and the pale is nicely carbonated!
  • LothosLothos
    N_Clark said:

@Lothos - where are you? We're in Sequim. Just kegged up the Hazelnut brown and the pale is nicely carbonated!

sweet

north of gig harbor
    Ain't that a Bitch