Brewday Live
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    Saturday February 16th a live broadcast brewday event will take place at Casa de Lakewood.

    Anyone in the Southern California region is welcome to join in person. For everyone interested in viewing the live feed it will be available on the HBFLive page linked at the top of the forum.

    We will try to cover all of the basics of all-grain brewing real time. So if you or someone you know is new to all-grain or home brewing in general you might want to grab a beer and drop in.

    We'll be answering questions live throughout the day. A thread dedicated to the QnA will be set up and monitored as much as possible.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 88,596
    Very nice. Vurry nice. I like the live Q&A thread idea.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    I very much like this plan, what you brewing?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 49,685
    aw yeah! what time is kickoff?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    The brewday should go live around 9am Pacific.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!


    If you send me some figs. Sure. Otherwise I'm going to do an invert sugar.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!


    If you send me some figs. Sure. Otherwise I'm going to do an invert sugar.


    Have some frozen ones in vacuum bags, they can be on their way....

    I brew the beer as normal and ferment, pull off a small amount of fermented beer and use it in a skillet to caramelize the chopped up figs in, then add the whole mess to a secondary fermenter and rack on top of the figs.

    Yum.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!


    If you send me some figs. Sure. Otherwise I'm going to do an invert sugar.


    Have some frozen ones in vacuum bags, they can be on their way....

    I brew the beer as normal and ferment, pull off a small amount of fermented beer and use it in a skillet to caramelize the chopped up figs in, then add the whole mess to a secondary fermenter and rack on top of the figs.

    Yum.


    Done. Send em out.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!


    If you send me some figs. Sure. Otherwise I'm going to do an invert sugar.


    Have some frozen ones in vacuum bags, they can be on their way....

    I brew the beer as normal and ferment, pull off a small amount of fermented beer and use it in a skillet to caramelize the chopped up figs in, then add the whole mess to a secondary fermenter and rack on top of the figs.

    Yum.


    Done. Send em out.


    Okee dokee, may not be frozen when they get there, but vacuum sealed and will be fine
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    I'll post a recipe build thread in the next few days. Likely going to be a belgian dark strong ale.



    Ooooh with caramelized figs?

    One of my favorites!


    If you send me some figs. Sure. Otherwise I'm going to do an invert sugar.


    Have some frozen ones in vacuum bags, they can be on their way....

    I brew the beer as normal and ferment, pull off a small amount of fermented beer and use it in a skillet to caramelize the chopped up figs in, then add the whole mess to a secondary fermenter and rack on top of the figs.

    Yum.


    Done. Send em out.

    @lakewood is three lbs enough? Or you want more?

    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    I have 18lb in bags ranging from 1.5 lb through 4.5 lb most are 2 or 3 lb bags
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    3lbs should be enough.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    3lbs should be enough.



    Done and done, I will try to pack and ship morrow flat rate box, should be a day or two tops. If there is room I will bubble wrap or foam insulate for longest freeze.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Brewday still on? Starter started?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 88,596
    This deal still planning to kick off around 9am PST?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    C_dubbs said:

    This deal still planning to kick off around 9am PST?



    Yes. On schedule, ingredients bought and ready to roll.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 88,596
    Lakewood said:

    C_dubbs said:

    This deal still planning to kick off around 9am PST?



    Yes. On schedule, ingredients bought and ready to roll.

    Cool. I'll be in the office for a large part of tomorrow. The second screen should come in real handy for this.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    Sweet!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Looking forward to watching,

    You posting a link to it in open area?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 88,596
    azscoob said:

    Looking forward to watching,

    You posting a link to it in open area?



    I think HBFLIVE is visible to urrybody?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    C_dubbs said:

    azscoob said:

    Looking forward to watching,

    You posting a link to it in open area?



    I think HBFLIVE is visible to urrybody?


    Yes. Just click on hbflive and my feed will be there. HBFlive is available to the world.

    Also, I will be posting a thread in the open area for q and a. That way if you have any questions or comments about what I'm doing or my equipment I can respond in real time on camera.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    You sending a mass email to the rabble to watch today?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    azscoob said:

    You sending a mass email to the rabble to watch today?



    no, only sending one newsletter a month
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    I might be in and out through the brewday, what with the boy and all....
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    azscoob said:

    I might be in and out through the brewday, what with the boy and all....



    not a problem.

    Here is the link to the interactive brewlog:

    http://homebrewforums.net/plugin/page/Interact
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Posts: 18,099
    Sup Lake, I'm here now
    Sign here______________________________
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Posts: 18,099
    I finally made my way in. Been making cheese today. Had my hands full. Looking at webcams now.
    Sign here______________________________
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    Posts: 18,099
    Ustream says its getting ready to play me an ad. What type of crap is that?
    Sign here______________________________
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 88,596

    Ustream says its getting ready to play me an ad. What type of crap is that?


    Wrong place. Hahahs. Go to the other brewday live thread.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927

    Ustream says its getting ready to play me an ad. What type of crap is that?



    follow this link http://homebrewforums.net/plugin/page/Interact
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 121,927
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny