Brianevo
  • Yo fellas, my good friend Pat (azscoob) introduced me to this site because of my beer snobbishness.. I having to brew batches under my belt beside a Mr. Beer kit that I tested out; I am looking for some knowledge and how to, so I can get started making awesome BEER!

    Cheers
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 119,166
    Welcome to the site!

    There is a lot of info out there on different techniques, but feel free to start a discussion on anything you have question on.

    What kind of brewing are you doing now that you're out of the mr. Beer? Extract kits? Are you looking to pull together some of your own recipes?

    We would be glad to help.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Welcome! Everyone here is mostly useful for some things and would be happy to help you out getting started down the road to brewing nirvana.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    Posts: 53,630
    Welcome aboard
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 49,331
    Welcome to the site! I started with the Mr. Beer kits as well. I still use the old barrel fermenter as a bottling bucket for my sour/funky beers.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 87,064
    Welcome! Ask away. I think you'll find there is rarely a stupid question. Seriously, on my first batch I Googled "how to use a siphon for beer". Anything that comes up, ask away.

    azscoob said:

    Welcome! Everyone here is mostly useful for some things and would be happy to help you out getting started down the road to brewing nirvana.


    I feel like there is a veiled jab in here.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    C_dubbs said:

    Welcome! Ask away. I think you'll find there is rarely a stupid question. Seriously, on my first batch I Googled "how to use a siphon for beer". Anything that comes up, ask away.

    azscoob said:

    Welcome! Everyone here is mostly useful for some things and would be happy to help you out getting started down the road to brewing nirvana.


    I feel like there is a veiled jab in here.


    Not intended, but I guess sorta! Many of us migrated here from an epic thread of derp-a-derp!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Posts: 1,947
    Wait a minute. Pat? Azscoob's name is Pat? I figured a lathe throwing, horn drinking guy like him would be named Boris, or Killer, or Samuel L. Jackson.

    My reality is crumbling.
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 119,166
    Ace_Club said:

    Wait a minute. Pat? Azscoob's name is Pat? I figured a lathe throwing, horn drinking guy like him would be named Boris, or Killer, or Samuel L. Jackson.

    My reality is crumbling.



    its actually Lars Patrickson
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:

    Ace_Club said:

    Wait a minute. Pat? Azscoob's name is Pat? I figured a lathe throwing, horn drinking guy like him would be named Boris, or Killer, or Samuel L. Jackson.

    My reality is crumbling.



    its actually Lars Patrickson


    Ooooooh sweet!

    That shall be my writer name, everyone writes here right?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 49,331
    azscoob said:

    Lakewood said:

    Ace_Club said:

    Wait a minute. Pat? Azscoob's name is Pat? I figured a lathe throwing, horn drinking guy like him would be named Boris, or Killer, or Samuel L. Jackson.

    My reality is crumbling.



    its actually Lars Patrickson


    Ooooooh sweet!

    That shall be my writer name, everyone writes here right?


    pretty much.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 49,331
    well, those of us that can read, that is.

    Thym
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 119,166

    well, those of us that can read, that is.



    i can't make out what you said, but i like it.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Posts: 1,947
    Lakewood said:

    Ace_Club said:

    Wait a minute. Pat? Azscoob's name is Pat? I figured a lathe throwing, horn drinking guy like him would be named Boris, or Killer, or Samuel L. Jackson.

    My reality is crumbling.



    its actually Lars Patrickson


    That's what I thought. I was scared for a bit.
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Posts: 1,947
    Lakewood said:

    well, those of us that can read, that is.



    i can't make out what you said, but i like it.


    Hah.
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,454
    Welcome to the site.
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    Posts: 1,947
    jlw said:

    Welcome to the site.



    Thanks, it's good to be here.