New Year's Eve Traditions?
  • C_BC_B
    We usually have a party at our house. But the last year and this it's just the three of us watching movies and lounging on the couch. I'll probably get a little drunk.

"On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    No real traditions forbid other than New Year's Day dinner. Which must consist of pork and sauer kraut.
  • C_BC_B
    jlw said:

No real traditions forbid other than New Year's Day dinner. Which must consist of pork and sauer kraut.

Yes. This.
  • jlwjlw
    Some German tradition. We also hav dumplings and mashed potatoes
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    our only tradition is that we never go anywhere that we can't walk to. too many drunk bastards out and about on windy roads.

sometimes friends come over here, this isn't one of those years. chilling out on the couch eating quesadillas.
  • ThymThym
    no tradition here. since the kids we dont even celebrate new years eve. i'd like to do some sauer kraut and pork for new years day, unless i still feel like i did today.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Around here folks traditionally have steamed shrimp .... back home it was black eyed peas and corn bread ...
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • scoobscoob
    New Year's Day we eat beans and ham, I make a bean soup with ham, celery, onion, quite tasty really.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    azscoob said:

New Year's Day we eat beans and ham, I make a bean soup with ham, celery, onion, quite tasty really.

That sounds good.
  • scoobscoob
    C_dubbs said:

azscoob said:

That sounds good.

Couldn't be easier to make, dice a couple bell peppers, a medium onion, and a few stalks of celery, throw into a big ole pot, add a few cans (3-4) of kidney beans, and dice up one of those big vacuum packed ham steaks, (or use leftover ham from Christmas), then fill pot with water to the top of the ingredients, add a few cloves of minced garlic (1-2 tbsp if jar garlic) add salt pepper and a good belt of Worcestershire sauce. Finish with a splash of Tabasco to taste and cook till everything is soft, serve in a bowl with rice, with juice or without, your choice
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    to go nuts with that get some beans from ranchogordo.com instead of using canned beans. it will take longer because you have to soak and boil, but the flavor and texture is unbelievable.
  • C_BC_B
    C_dubbs said:

We usually have a party at our house. But the last year and this it's just the three of us watching movies and lounging on the couch. I'll probably get a little drunk.

Total fail on the drunk. I drank three, got full, and switched to water.