Cold smoked venison sausage
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Who knows how to cold smoke venison sausage? Any good resources guys? Websites, suggestions, techniques? I have heard you can use a cardboard box to cold smoke, then hang to dry. I was thinking about using my fermentation chamber to cure it.
  • C_BC_B
    @Frydogbrews has a thread around here somewhere with pics of sausage or pepperoni or some other phallic shaped cured meat hanging in his spare bedroom.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yea, I searched and couldn't find it, I recall him posting something and I know how much he likes smoking tubes of meat.
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

Yea, I searched and couldn't find it, I recall him posting something and I know how much he likes smoking tubes of meat.

Ha! I wanted to say it, but you said it so much more eloquently.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i do love smoking meat.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    found it.
    http://homebrewforums.net/discussion/140/dry-cured-smoked-venison-salami#Item_17
    read and then post any other q's you have
    you can always get down with us the weekend we make it all, then take yours home to your own cure chamber or cure it here with the rest. up to you.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    When you making it? I shot a doe this morning, in bags in a cooler now. I was going to process soon. Ground and some sausage hopefully. Never made sausage though.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

When you making it? I shot a doe this morning, in bags in a cooler now. I was going to process soon. Ground and some sausage hopefully. Never made sausage though.

we make it the week between christmas and new years. its when we grind all the deer meat and package ground meat, and then make about 100 pounds of sausage.
    just buy the charcuteri book for the bible on the subject, order supplies from butcher and packer website
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I'm in. I'll talk to you more soon.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    oh yeah....@benvarine i totally forgot you wanted in on this. we did it the last two days and you missed it! guilt isn't entirely mine though as i did tell you when we would de doing it in this very thread. gimme a break, been drunk for 9 days straight.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I know. I just back to town two days ago, had family in town. I wasn't sure it wold work out so didn't press you. No big deal.