Hoppy wheat
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Not sure if the right thread, but give it a go. Anyone brewed a hoppy wheat? I have recently brewed a few IPA's and have wanted to brew a wheat, but it is hard to give up the hops. Any recommendations for hop additions, varieties and timing? Dry hopping?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    not sure where you live (as in, if you've ever tried one) but you could go with a gumball head type wheat pale ale. it's got a nice light wheat body, but great amarillo flavor from the late addition hops.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    didn't i send you some of my hoppy wheat, also called american wheat. it was ok, not too special. still have some left, i actually bottled that batch.

@benvarine
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

Not sure if the right thread, but give it a go. Anyone brewed a hoppy wheat? I have recently brewed a few IPA's and have wanted to brew a wheat, but it is hard to give up the hops. Any recommendations for hop additions, varieties and timing? Dry hopping?

and actually, copy and paste this into a new thread in the open forums or recipe section and you will get more answers. that way lake doesn't have to move the convo.
  • BenvarineBenvarine

didn't i send you some of my hoppy wheat, also called american wheat. it was ok, not too special. still have some left, i actually bottled that batch.

@benvarine

It sounds familiar, just send me 4.5 gallons and I will call it good.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Moved to Receipe thread.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

@benvarine

It sounds familiar, just send me 4.5 gallons and I will call it good.

i'll get right on it
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    wow, i'm drunk, i was in here thinking this was the tkt, didn't realize it was a separate thread. yeah, you didn't need to start another one. ha, sorry, damn booze