Free Tool for Photographers
  • ThymThym
    A free tool for anyone to use. I wrote it for my own purposes, but i figure it could be useful to others.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    not sure if there are any photographers around. but im sort of an amateur photo hound.
  • ThymThym
    and i realized that it was a real pain in the ass to decide which photos from a particular shoot were worthy of minor adjustment, retouching and finishing.
  • ThymThym
    so i wrote a little application to help me with it.
  • ThymThym
    if anyone wants to try it out, it's available on the site.

http://homebrewforums.net/software/picturereviewer/

just click setup.exe and it will install. any time you launch the app it will connect to the site and find out if there are updates too. kinda slick.
  • ThymThym
    when you are viewing a picture you push the up arrow if you like the picture, down arrow if you don't and right arrow to skip it. you can vote on a picture several times. i've been going through the pictures once straight through, then setting it to random and running through it for a while. after that you can review the results, and see which pictures you liked the most. from the results window you can export for the web, or from the main page you can organize the files into folders according to their rankings. really cuts down the time of sorting through the good vs. not so good pictures.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    nicely done lake. i will check this out when i am at work next week. (where my pics are) every year i put out a calendar for our site, all nature pics, 500 or so get made. had several pics published in nature mags like nature conservancy and mother earth news. its a very fun hobby!
  • djsethalldjsethall
    Will this work for photoshopping pics of Ferm's wife?
  • ThymThym
    djsethall said:

Will this work for photoshopping pics of Ferm's wife?

i know this was a joke, but i'll answer anyway.

this is not a photo editing software.... it simply allows you to view and group/grade photos so you can photoshop the best of the best into production ready images.

besides, did you see the first pic of his lady? you don't need to photoshop that. yowsa.
  • ThymThym
    the software has been updated to make it a little more user firendly by adding on screen like-dislike-skip-back buttons.
  • ThymThym
    also added: save for web now has options for various sizes
  • ThymThym
    new version published: fixed a bug that was causing a failure on the export for web function.