Skyrim
  • jlwjlw
    This discussion was created from comments split from another conversation.
  • jlwjlw
    Ace_Club said:

@ceannt, I'm almost done with the main quest line. I'm level 52, all daedric armor and weapons, finished the Companions, Thieves Guild, and Civil War quest lines. Right now I'm starting to get bored and just want to get it finished and get all the xbox achievements.

@jlw, smithing is easy. Leather strips and iron ingots and craft the fuck out of iron daggers. It's even better to then enchant those daggers and then sell them. Big profit and lots of skill earned. Then you have to choose between dragon perk or daedric perk. I chose the daedric perk as I think it looks cooler (glows red). Plus, with the armor cap, it really doesn't matter what armor you choose, you can max anything out.

@azscoob, where in IL are you looking? Chicagoland area? If so, I owe you a beer or three.

@Ace_Club Good tip on the enchanting piece. I've mostly leveled up with the iron dagger. I fast travel back and forth to the smiths, buy the ingots and leather and then sell them back to the smith.

Working on the guild quest line right now. have finished companions, college of winterhold.
  • jlwjlw
  • jlwjlw
    I thought I would start a thread where I cvould ask questions since you two are way ahaead of me right now.
  • ceanntceannt
    Cool .....
    How are you liking the game so far?
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    I like the game a lot. Trying to do all of the questlines plus side quests to level up. I am getting ready to level up to a 31. I think I am waht is referred to as a battle mage. I also use the bow a lot for sneak attacks.

Starting to try and max out some of my shouts.
  • ceanntceannt
    I use the shouts a lot .....
    A good bow .... and good arrows are great for sneak attacks ..... I like the ebony ones .... look cool too
  • jlwjlw
    ceannt said:

I use the shouts a lot .....
    A good bow .... and good arrows are great for sneak attacks ..... I like the ebony ones .... look cool too

Yep, using a pimped out ebony bow right now. I need to be able to smith ebony so I can trick it out all the way.
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    I'm level 52.

Completed Main Quest, Companions Quest, Thieves Guild, and Civil War.

Working on Dark Brotherhood, Mages College, Daedric Artifacts, and Dragon Priest Masks.

I wear all Legendary Daedric Armor (no shield) and am above the armor cap. I dual wield Legendary Daedric Swords (98 damage each) and also a Legendary Ebony Bow. It took me maybe 3 power attacks to kill Alduin. It was sad.

I'm still working to get my enchanting to 100 so that I can dual enchant all my gear and walk around Skyrim like a god.

Hardest achievement so far, accumulating 100,000 gold. That took a while.

Overall, a good game, though I'm starting to get a little bored with it now. And this is the most disturbing Skyrim video I've seen:

• C_BC_B
    That's effed up.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    Ace_Club said:

I'm level 52.

Completed Main Quest, Companions Quest, Thieves Guild, and Civil War.

Working on Dark Brotherhood, Mages College, Daedric Artifacts, and Dragon Priest Masks.

I wear all Legendary Daedric Armor (no shield) and am above the armor cap. I dual wield Legendary Daedric Swords (98 damage each) and also a Legendary Ebony Bow. It took me maybe 3 power attacks to kill Alduin. It was sad.

I'm still working to get my enchanting to 100 so that I can dual enchant all my gear and walk around Skyrim like a god.

Hardest achievement so far, accumulating 100,000 gold. That took a while.

Overall, a good game, though I'm starting to get a little bored with it now. And this is the most disturbing Skyrim video I've seen:

I wonder if I am too far into the game to start dual weilding? Kind of wish I had went that path instead of the battle mage.
  • ceanntceannt
    I tried it for a while and then went 2 handed ..... I like the shock and awe of decapitation
  • scoobscoob
    My brother is diehard PC gamer and says the gaming platform versions aren't as good.

I am not buying a new powerful pc just to play a game, and be stuck in the office playing when I can be in the living room on the 65" tv.

So what platform do you pros recommend?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

My brother is diehard PC gamer and says the gaming platform versions aren't as good.

I am not buying a new powerful pc just to play a game, and be stuck in the office playing when I can be in the living room on the 65" tv.

So what platform do you pros recommend?

I have an Xbox 360 and I like it. The Multiplayer is an annual subscription. You get a lot of features like Netflix. I use Zune for movies instead of Netflix b/c it's free. Lot's of cool features.

I know people that have PS3 and equally like the Playstation. The multiplayer is free but I hear from friends it's less reliable ( I don't have direct knowledge). With PS3 you get a Blue Ray Player. Not a big deal for me as we don;t watch a lot of movies and when we do we stream from Zune.

I would recommend the Xbox mainly cause I have one.
  • scoobscoob
    I was leaning to the play station for the blue ray player, I guess it's also 3d capable player as long as your tv is too.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    I heard there were bugs in ps sky rim, it would slow down as you progressed in the game due to the way it saved the game progress
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

I was leaning to the play station for the blue ray player, I guess it's also 3d capable player as long as your tv is too.

I get that logic. I have had play stations in the past and never a problem. However, my 360 experience has been just as good.

I will also tell you that if you have any desire to play on line there are a few you would know from hombrew sites. I'm friends with Ace. I think Fry is a PS guy and I'm not sure about @ceannt.

Also, xbox has one of my favorite all time games series: Halo. The old halo's are only xbox. I believe the new Halo 4 coming out is both systems. But it is an awesome game. all of them I have played through multiple times becuse I like the story line and gameplay that much.
  • jlwjlw
    @ace_club and @ceannt I was wondering what would happen if once you have done everything you can on skyrim and you are essentially invincible if you could just kill everyone in skyrim? all the towns all the villages?

Thym
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

@ace_club and @ceannt I was wondering what would happen if once you have done everything you can on skyrim and you are essentially invincible if you could just kill everyone in skyrim? all the towns all the villages?

That would almost make it worth it
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

jlw said:

That would almost make it worth it

Almost.
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    I've actually thought the same thing. Though I think people and guards and bandits tend to re-spawn, so you would never be able to kill everyone.

Everyone in a city for a short period of time? Maybe...
  • ceanntceannt
    I'm on Xbox ...
  • ceanntceannt
    When I get bored .... I walk into a town and kill everything I see ..... but I don't save afterwards .... just in case I ever want to go back ...
  • ceanntceannt
    The guards respawn .... what I hate are the ones that have some potential part in a quest that won't die......
  • ceanntceannt
    Run into them in the imperial camps .. don't know why..... I finished the civil war quests ..... on the nord side .....
  • ceanntceannt
    Not too many imperial troops left.. and I kill them on sight
  • jlwjlw
    ceannt said:

I'm on Xbox ...

@ceannt what's your gamertag?

I'm eers2ya
  • ceanntceannt
    jlw said:

ceannt said:

I'm on Xbox ...

@ceannt what's your gamertag?

I'm eers2ya

Not on "live "..... internet connection too slow.... dang it..
  • jlwjlw
    My son has been playing his only character through skyrim. recently got infected by a vampire got all the way to stage 4. Curing is a pain in the ass. I have spent probably 2 hours figuring it out even with the help of youtube.
  • scoobscoob
    jlw said:

My son has been playing his only character through skyrim. recently got infected by a vampire got all the way to stage 4. Curing is a pain in the ass. I have spent probably 2 hours figuring it out even with the help of youtube.

Probably needs the help of someone or something that was killed ages earlier in the game right?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

jlw said:

Probably needs the help of someone or something that was killed ages earlier in the game right?

one of those deals where you are feared and hated and everyone tries to kill you on site. So you have ti find someone to feed on to calm your vampirism down so you can get into a specific town to talk to people who can tell you how to get cured. then you have to go do some tasks and then come back to the guy that can help you. In the meantime you have to feed again. it was just a pain. Final fixed his character after 2 hours. Well probably more like 3.5
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

azscoob said:

jlw said:

one of those deals where you are feared and hated and everyone tries to kill you on site. So you have ti find someone to feed on to calm your vampirism down so you can get into a specific town to talk to people who can tell you how to get cured. then you have to go do some tasks and then come back to the guy that can help you. In the meantime you have to feed again. it was just a pain. Final fixed his character after 2 hours. Well probably more like 3.5

Sounds a lot like my real life
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

jlw said:

azscoob said:

jlw said:

Sounds a lot like my real life

Except for the whole vampire thing, well nevermind....

• ceanntceannt
    I've been infected by vampires several times....... if you immediately take a cure disease potion ..... all is well
  • jlwjlw
    ceannt said:

I've been infected by vampires several times....... if you immediately take a cure disease potion ..... all is well

That was the problem. He didn't know until everyone that saw him would immediately attack.
  • ceanntceannt
    Ahhhh....
    Check "active affects " under magic every now and then ....... to make sure some disease isn't involved .....
  • scoobscoob
    Couldn't you just play as a vampire?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

That sounds more fun
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

You can play as a vampire. It has advantages and disadvantages. Hard to describe if you don't play the game. You get extra magic spells and a couple extra special abilities. Problem is you have to feed periodically or you are attacked onsite when you enter a town. Additionally you become weaker in certain aspects of your abilities. Making the game harder to play. It's pain fighting everyone when you are trying to complete quests. If you go out during the daytime your stamina will not regen. Overall it's just a pain to play with.
  • scoobscoob
    I need to play this game.... anyone have a spare ps3 they don't use that they want to sell?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    I mostly completed the "Thieves Guild Questline" on Tuesday night. After you recover the skeleton key which is the key for any lock in Skyrim you are supposed to return it to finish the questline. I decided I may just not finish that questline just yet and keep the key that will open any lock. Then when I ahve done all the quests i can I'll give it back and finish the game.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

I mostly completed the "Thieves Guild Questline" on Tuesday night. After you recover the skeleton key which is the key for any lock in Skyrim you are supposed to return it to finish the questline. I decided I may just not finish that questline just yet and keep the key that will open any lock. Then when I ahve done all the quests i can I'll give it back and finish the game.

You should find a locksmith and have the key duplicated...
  • ceanntceannt
    I should go back and finish the thieves guild stuff ..... I could use that key..... found a door into a place that requires a key to open .......
  • viking73viking73
    Looks like I'll need to start playing again. Got bored and started running through Dead Space again, still creeps me out.
  • jlwjlw
    Beat the Alduin. It was stupid easy. Two power attacks. Guess i need a new game.