KickStarter for stainless steel kettles & Fermenters
  • BruGear are the creators of the ProBoiler™ range of professional quality stainless steel brew kettles and fermenters, designed from the ground up by brewers for Home and small batch professional brewers we launched a Kickstarter to get into production. Please check out our Kickstarter and let us know what you think:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2055692701/bru-gear-stainless-steel-brewing-kettles-and-ferme

The ProBoiler™ has the following features:
    • 18 gauge food grade (SS304) stainless steel body with extra thick bottom to quickly get your boil roiling and help prevent scorching
    • Designed totally from the ground up by brewers for brewers
    • NPT and Tri-clamp connectors - it’s what the professionals use
    • Brew pots in 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 gallon, 1BBL & 2BBL
    • Fermenters in 7, 14, 21 and 1BBL gallon sizes
    • All ProBoiler™ brew kettles include a 3 piece ball valve and brewing thermometer
    • All ProBoiler™ fermenters include a racking arm, thermometer and butterfly dump valve
    • Step indent in the kettles support an optional false bottom to create a mash tun
  • ThymThym
    This equipment looks really well thought out, and very well made. The prices on the kickstarter are really pretty damn good too.

For everyone who loves home brewing, it's worth a few bucks to buy into this, even if you can't possibly afford one of the pieces of hardware. My reasoning is this: There just isn't enough competition out there in the marketplace for quality brewing equipment at the home brew scale. Blichmann has basically been the only name out there for a long time, and as such there is a crazy premium on their equipment. Everything else is custom made, one off stuff, or cheap Chinese crap that wont last.

I for one think its time to toss these guys a few bucks for a bottle opener of a t-shirt level sponsorship, just to help bring some real competition into the home brewing equipment scene.

BruGear
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    This looks like very high quality stuff. And we definitely need some competition in the marketplace. Plus, I like shiny.

BruGearThym
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • Thanks guys, if we can answer any questions feel free to connect with us on Kickstarter or through the contact form on www.bru-gear.com, we're adding rewards as we get comments and suggestions, we didn't want to flood KS with all our designs to start with but there's lots of great input out there from the brewing community and we want to accommodate it where we have designs !

Lots of interest in induction heating (which we have available on all kettle sizes) as well as all grain combinations.

Get your Proboiler(tm) on !
  • C_BC_B
    Induction? Nice. Nice.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Ok, what's induction?
  • ThymThym
    Benvarine said:

Ok, what's induction?

its a non-contact energy transfer technique that uses electromagnetism to induce eddy currents in conductive materials causing them to get hot in a highly controlled and evenly applied manner.

Basically it eliminates hot spots caused by flames or compact electrical heating elements by turning the actual kettle into the heating element.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

Benvarine said:

Ok, what's induction?

its a non-contact energy transfer technique that uses electromagnetism to induce eddy currents in conductive materials causing them to get hot in a highly controlled and evenly applied manner.

Basically it eliminates hot spots caused by flames or compact electrical heating elements by turning the actual kettle into the heating element.

All around, it's badass. Really, really badass. First time I've heard of it for brewing.

BruGear
  • BenSBenS
    Science!

C_BThym
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • ThymThym
    BenS said:

Science!

Physics!
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

BenS said:

Science!

Physics!

Also correct.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    You're the non-contact thingy-majiger....
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Can I support them by buying stuff from them? It wasn't clear if any of this is for sale yet.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Nevermind, I get it. You can "pledge" money and get the products. I'm thinking a $4500 1bbl brew set-up is just what I need to get back into the hobby.

C_B

• ThymThym
    DrCurly said:

Nevermind, I get it. You can "pledge" money and get the products. I'm thinking a $4500 1bbl brew set-up is just what I need to get back into the hobby.

I fully agree.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Lakewood said:

DrCurly said:

I fully agree.

Better pursue that other gig.

C_B

• CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Ooooh, that doesn't include a fermenter. I bet a 1bbl conical is pricey.

C_B