Redhook - Longhammer IPA
  • jlwjlw
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Commercial Beer Review/Discussion.
  • C_BC_B
    Redhook Hammermill? IPA. It's meh. I feel like someone has mentioned it before. But I won't be getting it again. Very one dimensional. Bitter like they didn't have enough hops for the late additions so they just boiled it another 20 minutes.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    SeaBee said:

Redhook Hammermill? IPA. It's meh. I feel like someone has mentioned it before. But I won't be getting it again. Very one dimensional. Bitter like they didn't have enough hops for the late additions so they just boiled it another 20 minutes.

I don't care for their Longhammer .... haven't seen the other
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    Longhammer. That's it. I was not impressed.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    SeaBee said:

Oh.....
    you are being kind ..... it sucks
  • jlwjlw
    SeaBee said:

This used to be a pretty decent IPA (or at least I thought). One of two things happened.

1. My taste changed and I got exposed to good ipa's and this one now sucks. Or...
    2. When they were bought by AB they screwed up the recipe.

My bro-in-law thinks it's reason #1. We used to drink this stuff like water.
  • ceanntceannt
    When it first came out I kinda liked it .... always thought it was light on late addition hops and could have used more body ... but a good lawnmower beer ... it's just horrible to me now
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i usually really enjoy Longhammer.
    its one of my "always easy to find" ipa's and always tasty