Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
McClelland Christmas Cheer
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    This blend seemed like an obvious choice, limited availability, high ratings, and I didn't know it until I opened it that the tobacco was grown less than a 3 hour drive from me. It smells like Christmas. Lots of fig, plum, tea, and of course deep rich tobacco. The smoke was quite mild for me though. I didn't get much from it. I know my packing technique, whichever one it is at the time, could use some work. Anybody else had this blend? Wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Sign here______________________________
  • ThymThym
    no idea. have you tried it more than once? maybe you just weren't feelin it when you had it?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
    I've smoked it 2-3 times. I think I'm packing too tight.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

I've smoked it 2-3 times. I think I'm packing too tight.

maybe. how hot are you smoking it? i've found that at least half of the baccy's that i have need to be smoked reasonably cool in order to taste the subtle flavors from the toppings.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
    Probably too hot. I'm a bit impatient. I need to smoke more and learn to calm down.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

Probably too hot. I'm a bit impatient. I need to smoke more and learn to calm down.

yep. i like to think of it as a time to sit down and let the world keep turning without me. just relax, enjoy a pipe, and watch the trees.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • ceanntceannt
    Yeah .... pack fairly light and just draw enough to keep it lit ....
    In wine there is wisdom.
    In beer there is freedom.
    In water there is bacteria.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Its been a long time since I had a pipe, but this is what I recall as well. Short draws. Packing it tight keeps it burning cool, not so tight it's hard to draw on, but there should be a bit of restriction.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Its been a long time since I had a pipe, but this is what I recall as well. Short draws. Packing it tight keeps it burning cool, not so tight it's hard to draw on, but there should be a bit of restriction.

Yup .... cram it in there and you tend to draw longer and harder
    In wine there is wisdom.
    In beer there is freedom.
    In water there is bacteria.