McClelland Christmas Cheer
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    This blend seemed like an obvious choice, limited availability, high ratings, and I didn't know it until I opened it that the tobacco was grown less than a 3 hour drive from me. It smells like Christmas. Lots of fig, plum, tea, and of course deep rich tobacco. The smoke was quite mild for me though. I didn't get much from it. I know my packing technique, whichever one it is at the time, could use some work. Anybody else had this blend? Wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Sign here______________________________
  • ThymThym
    no idea. have you tried it more than once? maybe you just weren't feelin it when you had it?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
    I've smoked it 2-3 times. I think I'm packing too tight.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

I've smoked it 2-3 times. I think I'm packing too tight.

maybe. how hot are you smoking it? i've found that at least half of the baccy's that i have need to be smoked reasonably cool in order to taste the subtle flavors from the toppings.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
    Probably too hot. I'm a bit impatient. I need to smoke more and learn to calm down.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

Probably too hot. I'm a bit impatient. I need to smoke more and learn to calm down.

yep. i like to think of it as a time to sit down and let the world keep turning without me. just relax, enjoy a pipe, and watch the trees.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt
    Yeah .... pack fairly light and just draw enough to keep it lit ....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Its been a long time since I had a pipe, but this is what I recall as well. Short draws. Packing it tight keeps it burning cool, not so tight it's hard to draw on, but there should be a bit of restriction.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Its been a long time since I had a pipe, but this is what I recall as well. Short draws. Packing it tight keeps it burning cool, not so tight it's hard to draw on, but there should be a bit of restriction.

Yup .... cram it in there and you tend to draw longer and harder
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.