Deal of the day/week/year/lifetime...
  • C_BC_B
    Get a stupid deal on anything lately? Something on sale? Something on Craigslist?

"On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    My wife picked this charcoal grill/smoker up today at Target. For $49.01... No kidding, it was the display model. It's missing a couple minor things, but for that cheap....
    IMAG0664.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 703K

scoob
  • scoobscoob
    SeaBee said:

My wife picked this charcoal grill/smoker up today at Target. For $49.01... No kidding, it was the display model. It's missing a couple minor things, but for that cheap....

Can't argue with a deal like that!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • jlwjlw

Thanks seabee for starting up a cool thread.
  • C_BC_B

Crap. Although, the argument could be made that your thread is to turn us on to a good deal. Mine is to flaunt what I got. So I'll make that argument...
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i hope your grill rusts in a week.
  • jlwjlw

i hope your grill rusts in a week.

you think this will rust?

• FuzzyFuzzy
    nope. that's gonna get ripped out and sold for drug money in a seedy strip club.
  • scoobscoob
    Not recently, but I bought the non functioning display craftsman mig welder for 25 dollars, no guts, or power cord, just a metal box, the ground clamp, and a dummy gun.

I walked from the cashier to the customer service counter, said this welder doesn't work! I can't even plug it in!

Guy says he will be back in a few, comes back with a new welder in a box, and says that if that one doesn't work just bring it back to exchange for another model.

That's my score of a lifetime.

C_B
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    azscoob said:

Not recently, but I bought the non functioning display craftsman mig welder for 25 dollars, no guts, or power cord, just a metal box, the ground clamp, and a dummy gun.

I walked from the cashier to the customer service counter, said this welder doesn't work! I can't even plug it in!

Guy says he will be back in a few, comes back with a new welder in a box, and says that if that one doesn't work just bring it back to exchange for another model.

You win.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

although its a little shady.....i'll allow it.

scoob
  • scoobscoob

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

If the system in place allows tomfoolery, that's not my issue, I just maximized my purchase value using their rules.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

If the system in place allows tomfoolery, that's not my issue, I just maximized my purchase value using their rules.

why did they sell you the non-functioning display unit in the first place? that's just dumb.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

why did they sell you the non-functioning display unit in the first place? that's just dumb.

they learned their lesson.
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

It was sold "for parts" because it had the regulator and wire spool bits, the new model was coming out so the floor model was going in the trash, so I asked if they would sell it, they did.

Guy didnt put "as is floor model" in the item description, so they were bound by their no questions asked return/replace policy.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • jlwjlw
    I mentioned in TKT but I got a ferm chamber (deep freezer), johnson analog controler, counter flow chiller, march pump and another coil of copper for $75 two weeks ago.
  • ceanntceannt
    Best deal I ever had was a long time ago .... on my 30+ year old Mossman guitar ... it was new ... price tag was list $999.99
    Took me 2 months ... but I paid $411
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ceanntceannt
    Got a similar deal on my Gibson mastertone banjo .... also listed for a thousand ... the guy finally slammed his hand on the counter and said ... ok.. I'll give it to you for $666... since your such an evil sob...
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    azscoob said:

Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

It was sold "for parts" because it had the regulator and wire spool bits, the new model was coming out so the floor model was going in the trash, so I asked if they would sell it, they did.

Guy didnt put "as is floor model" in the item description, so they were bound by their no questions asked return/replace policy.

never trust a man with a kilt.

scoobThym
  • scoobscoob

azscoob said:

Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

azscoob said:

You win.

never trust a man with a kilt.

Aye we are a wily bunch!!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Best deal I ever had was a long time ago .... on my 30+ year old Mossman guitar ... it was new ... price tag was list $999.99

i got a bitchin' deal on a guitar at a yard sale once. it was a hollow body no-name that was totally unplayable. I paid $30 for it and a small peavey practice amp.

i took it home, reworked the bridge, pickups and nut and had that thing playing like a champ. ended up pawning it for $150... made some money but, i'd rather have the guitar today.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

i got a bitchin' deal on a guitar at a yard sale once. it was a hollow body no-name that was totally unplayable. I paid $30 for it and a small peavey practice amp.

i took it home, reworked the bridge, pickups and nut and had that thing playing like a champ. ended up pawning it for $150... made some money but, i'd rather have the guitar today.

this is what i have always learned about selling instruments. don't do it.
  • ceanntceannt

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

Yeah .... I had n early 50s Gibson A model mandolin once that I had traded one of my dulcimers for .... sold it back in the 80s for 350..... saw one just like it a year ago ... 5000 bucks ...... kick my butt ...
  • ThymThym

Lakewood said:

ceannt said:

this was literally the one and only time i've ever sold an instrument... of course i actually sold three guitars that day and bought one... Two of the guitars i sold should never have left my possession. the other one, i can live without.
  • ThymThym
    but i still have every keyboard i've ever owned... including my first casio that my mom bought me when i was like 10...