Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Lines for hooking up MLT, pump, HLT and BK?
  • C_BC_B
    Here is my list of hardware:

2 - sanke keggles
    1 - 5 gallon MLT
    1 - 15 gallon MLT
    1 - March pump
    1 - turkey fryer burner (I could borrow a second one if needed probably)

Given this equipment, what is the best/cheapest/most-efficient-use-of-time-and-materials for hoses to transfer water and wort? I was looking at camlocks and silicone hose but that would be $60 for a pair of 4' hoses. Then I'd need the fittings for the pump, kettles and MLT. This is kinda hanging me up on my next brew because I want to do 10 gallons but i don't want to drop 100 on camlocks and hose...
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Of course I could always use the 5 gallon MLT and heat the strike water on the stove like I have been doing and then just add some DME... But i would still need hoses to hook up the pump to the BK to recirc for cooling.
  • ThymThym
    I dont think there is a particularly inexpensive option... unless you have a bunch of copper pipe and fittings laying around
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    I afraid that would be the answer... I'm probably going to rig something up and then just replace with better stuff as I go.
  • C_BC_B
    I think I got it down to $66 from bargain fittings. That seems doable.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

I dont think there is a particularly inexpensive option... unless you have a bunch of copper pipe and fittings laying around

your neighbor has a bunch of it. he hides it in his wall. go ahead and grab a few dozen feet. i'm sure he won't mind. ;)
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

your neighbor has a bunch of it. he hides it in his wall. go ahead and grab a few dozen feet. i'm sure he won't mind. ;)
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ha! double post. that means it's true.
  • ThymThym

ha! double post. that means it's true.

CB lives in the middle of nowhere, he has no neighbors.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny