Lines for hooking up MLT, pump, HLT and BK?
  • C_BC_B
    Here is my list of hardware:

2 - sanke keggles
    1 - 5 gallon MLT
    1 - 15 gallon MLT
    1 - March pump
    1 - turkey fryer burner (I could borrow a second one if needed probably)

Given this equipment, what is the best/cheapest/most-efficient-use-of-time-and-materials for hoses to transfer water and wort? I was looking at camlocks and silicone hose but that would be $60 for a pair of 4' hoses. Then I'd need the fittings for the pump, kettles and MLT. This is kinda hanging me up on my next brew because I want to do 10 gallons but i don't want to drop 100 on camlocks and hose...
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Of course I could always use the 5 gallon MLT and heat the strike water on the stove like I have been doing and then just add some DME... But i would still need hoses to hook up the pump to the BK to recirc for cooling.
  • ThymThym
    I dont think there is a particularly inexpensive option... unless you have a bunch of copper pipe and fittings laying around
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    I afraid that would be the answer... I'm probably going to rig something up and then just replace with better stuff as I go.
  • C_BC_B
    I think I got it down to $66 from bargain fittings. That seems doable.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

I dont think there is a particularly inexpensive option... unless you have a bunch of copper pipe and fittings laying around

your neighbor has a bunch of it. he hides it in his wall. go ahead and grab a few dozen feet. i'm sure he won't mind. ;)
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

your neighbor has a bunch of it. he hides it in his wall. go ahead and grab a few dozen feet. i'm sure he won't mind. ;)
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    ha! double post. that means it's true.
  • ThymThym

ha! double post. that means it's true.

CB lives in the middle of nowhere, he has no neighbors.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny