Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)


Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Its infected, now what?
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    This one is 1.010
    IMAG1072.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 323K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    This one is 1.004
    IMAG1073.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 453K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    I'm terrible at tasting warm, flat beer and being able to taste much. Neither was particularly bad. I didn't gag or anything. I didn't really get a sour taste. But this is a pelicule (sp?) for sure, right? Should I keg it?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    It's very oil slicky looking.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,123
    C_B said:

    I'm terrible at tasting warm, flat beer and being able to taste much. Neither was particularly bad. I didn't gag or anything. I didn't really get a sour taste. But this is a pelicule (sp?) for sure, right? Should I keg it?



    i probably wouldnt unless you really think it tastes fine.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    This is the WGV that I used the suspect yeast on. It took a couple days to take off and I ended up pitching dry yeast. I think that might have been the problem.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,123
    C_B said:

    This is the WGV that I used the suspect yeast on. It took a couple days to take off and I ended up pitching dry yeast. I think that might have been the problem.



    yeah, that not a good start
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JerryJerry
    Posts: 74,905
    C_B said:

    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?



    Depends how good you are at sanitizing.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,123

    C_B said:

    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?



    Depends how good you are at sanitizing.


    exactly.

    if you are anything like me, you will be fooked.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,417
    Lakewood said:

    C_B said:

    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?



    Depends how good you are at sanitizing.


    exactly.

    if you are anything like me, you will be fooked.


    This and is it worth your time to keg something that in a few weeks you decide is nasty enough to not drink. Time is money and your time is valuable. I would dump and write it off.
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,123
    jlw said:

    Time is money and your time is valuable.



    we're talking about cb.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    jlw said:

    Lakewood said:

    C_B said:

    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?



    Depends how good you are at sanitizing.


    exactly.

    if you are anything like me, you will be fooked.


    This and is it worth your time to keg something that in a few weeks you decide is nasty enough to not drink. Time is money and your time is valuable. I would dump and write it off.


    DAMMIT. This sounds like the kind of advice I would give.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Bottle it instead of kegging, then just pitch the bottles as you go.

    It might turn out ok if it sours, if it tastes like bile though.....

    Use the bottles for target practice.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    scoob said:

    Bottle it instead of kegging, then just pitch the bottles as you go.

    It might turn out ok if it sours, if it tastes like bile though.....

    Use the bottles for target practice.



    Is there a chance of bottle bombs?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,417
    Lakewood said:

    jlw said:

    Time is money and your time is valuable.



    we're talking about cb.

    Good point.
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,417
    scoob said:

    Bottle it instead of kegging, then just pitch the bottles as you go.

    It might turn out ok if it sours, if it tastes like bile though.....

    Use the bottles for target practice.


    My only ting here is more time spent bottling something that might suck. The time it takes to bottle you could have a new batch going.

  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    C_B said:

    scoob said:

    Bottle it instead of kegging, then just pitch the bottles as you go.

    It might turn out ok if it sours, if it tastes like bile though.....

    Use the bottles for target practice.



    Is there a chance of bottle bombs?


    Sure!

    That's half the fun!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 77,314
    I think I'll keg the 1.010 batch and toss the other.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JerryJerry
    Posts: 74,905
    Don't toss it! Chug it!
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,123
    Yes, do that. 5 gal in one night. Make sure the camera is running.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,417
    Lakewood said:

    Yes, do that. 5 gal in one night. Make sure the camera is running.



    Yes do this. Please.
  • JerryJerry
    Posts: 74,905
    It's crazy how well a proper funnel works.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,417

    It's crazy how well a proper funnel works.



    Word!
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 46,771
    party enema!
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Posts: 46,771
    C_B said:

    If I keg this, will have problems getting the infection out of the keg?



    only if you don't have access to bleach or boiling water.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B