Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
what's your favorite hop combo?
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    single hops are great, but what are your favorite hop combo's and why. no limit on the number of combining
    i really like using yakima magnum for 60 minute bittering and then citra +amarillo+american fuggles
    i just think that combo has a really nice blend of grassy, citrusy and earthy.
  • BenSBenS
    I'm playing with different combinations all the time. I gotta admit, I'm not a huge hop head. I prefer lagers and evenly balanced ales. So right now I really like the hallertua/simcoe/mt. Hood dry hop combo. Small amount of simcoe. Its a strong aroma hop. Balance is the key.
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i'd have to say it would be a mix of nugget, cascade, and any of these three: citra, amarillo, centennial.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i like the blend of citrusy with more earthy tones. it really shines in an amber/pale/ipa
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B