Great Lakes - Conway Irish Ale
  • C_BC_B
    My tasting notes suck, But here's a shot at it. Go buy some and add your own tasting notes to compare to mine.

Appearance - Very clear. A nice red hue with a thin head the dissipates quickly and laces ever so slightly.

Smell - I have a bit of a cold and my sense of smell is lacking. I really couldn't smell much here, just a whiff of malt.

Taste - Smooth mild crisp malt up front fading to a sweeter caramel flavor. No hop flavor that I could pick out.

Mouthfeel - Light smooth mouthfeel with low carbonation. Smoothed out even more as it warmed.

Overall a very clean malty example of the style. I love this beer.
    1359206508870.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 350K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    That looks good. i will have to check it out next time I'm in OH.
  • ThymThym
    It's obviously a very well balanced beer. Check out that picture.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

It's obviously a very well balanced beer. Check out that picture.

#-o
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • C_BC_B
    Also note the Greg LaMond bike in the background. He was calling Lance Armstrong a doper before it was cool.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Nice work on the tasting notes, it's really tough to put tastes and subtleties into words, and that is without a cold! I usually take written notes during, then after I can get into detail and try to add to my original thoughts to better mesh with what I was tasting.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    C_dubbs said:

Also note the Greg LaMond bike in the background. He was calling Lance Armstrong a doper before it was cool.

I wouldn't know who that was even if he introduced himself to me.
    Jesus didn't wear pants