Beer tasting apps
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Who uses and could recommend a good tasting app? I have been searching in the Apple App Store. I found a few, most seem to be missing some essential elements. If you put them all together, it would be great, like Voltron. One app has a barcode scanner which would be cool for bottles. One had a way to photo the labels. Some you could link to Facebook, twitter, email. Most had very simple rating systems, which is lacking. Some didn't have a way of actually rating, simply good or bad. I'd like a way to categorize easily, on the go, reference easily, tasting notes, etc.
  • jlwjlw
    I haven't found a great one. Been playing around with building an app but I'm not very good at so it probably will never get published.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I just found another one. Tasting Beer. It is $12.99, but is the book by Randy Mosher as well an app that can record your personal tasting. Also syncs between iPhone and iPad. Any use it?
  • ThymThym
    I don't have an ipad or iphone, but it sounds like an app worth trying out.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    mention voltron anywhere in a thread and my brain just starts cycling through the music that plays voltron until i hear "and i'll form the head!" god i love that show.
  • scoobscoob

mention voltron anywhere in a thread and my brain just starts cycling through the music that plays voltron until i hear "and i'll form the head!" god i love that show.

Awesomeness animated!

I use my BJCP app, I pull up the style so I know what to expect more or less, then I can decide if I want to try it.

Not a cool app but its what I use. Someone smart needs to develop an app that is like wiki for your phone, people scan a barcode on a beer and review it, this builds the database accessible from the web
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    azscoob said:

Awesomeness animated!

I use my BJCP app, I pull up the style so I know what to expect more or less, then I can decide if I want to try it.

Not a cool app but its what I use. Someone smart needs to develop an app that is like wiki for your phone, people scan a barcode on a beer and review it, this builds the database accessible from the web

its seems like this should already exist from ratebeer or beeradvocate, if it doesn't someone do it and get rich!
  • scoobscoob

azscoob said:

Awesomeness animated!

its seems like this should already exist from ratebeer or beeradvocate, if it doesn't someone do it and get rich!

I lack the brains for that, but the idea is solid
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym

azscoob said:

Awesomeness animated!

thats a lot of work.. and i cant really think of how it would be monetized to a substantial profit.
  • scoobscoob
    Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

Awesomeness animated!

thats a lot of work.. and i cant really think of how it would be monetized to a substantial profit.

A few million 99 cent downloads should do it.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Lakewood said:

azscoob said:

Awesomeness animated!

A few million 99 cent downloads should do it.

dancing ponies that follow the moves of your fingers get millions of downloads. Practical, useful apps that serve a purpose get a few thousand.

• ThymThym
    i need to write a dancing ponies app.
  • ThymThym
    (Dancing Ponies is a registered trademark of homebrewforums.net all rights reserved)
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

(Dancing Ponies is a registered trademark of homebrewforums.net all rights reserved)

Ha
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants