Is this dirty or stained?
  • C_BC_B
    The plastic bushing from one of my kegs. I can't tell if it is a stain or something more. Even the gas post has it. I soaked in Oxy water and scrubbed it like hell, but it wouldn't come off. What gives?
    100MEDIA36IMAG1369.jpg
    541 x 960 - 87K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    my first guess would be that something has taken up residence in some very fine cracks/imperfections in the surface of that seal...

you could try giving it a bleach bath or boil the ever living crud out of it to kill it, but i would consider replacement.

BTW - what is that?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i don't think my kegs have any plastic pieces. steel and rubber gaskets is all i see.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I don't recognize that part either, but when in doubt. Throw it out.
  • ThymThym
    @C_dubbs what is that part?
  • C_BC_B
    It goes between the diptube and the poppet inside post on a keg. I have a couple that have this piece and a couple that don't. I think the difference is in post. I need to find out if I can swap out posts and poppets that don't use this.
  • ceanntceannt
    Yeah ..... I think I'd be pitching that thing ....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • scoobscoob
    Its a sour beer pill! market that thing!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    @thebeertapstore
    @kegcowboy
    @kegoutlet

Do you guys know if I can replace this part with a stainless component? Or replace the post with one that doesn't require this?
  • Is there a picture that I'm not seeing? I'm not sure what part you're looking to replace. I'm sure we've got what you're looking for (or could likely get it for you). Check our keg parts section, see if you can find what you're looking for there. If not, post a picture and we'll see if we can help you.

C_dubbs said:

@thebeertapstore
    @kegcowboy
    @kegoutlet

Do you guys know if I can replace this part with a stainless component? Or replace the post with one that doesn't require this?

• C_BC_B
    KegOutlet said:

Is there a picture that I'm not seeing? I'm not sure what part you're looking to replace. I'm sure we've got what you're looking for (or could likely get it for you). Check our keg parts section, see if you can find what you're looking for there. If not, post a picture and we'll see if we can help you.

C_dubbs said:

@ thebeertapstore
    @ kegcowboy
    @ kegoutlet

There is a pic in the first post of the tread. You can't see it? I already checked out your keg parts section and couldn't find. I've checked several websites to no avail, that's why I figure you have a work around (once you see the part and know what I'm talking about :D)
  • ThymThym
    KegOutlet said:

Is there a picture that I'm not seeing? I'm not sure what part you're looking to replace. I'm sure we've got what you're looking for (or could likely get it for you). Check our keg parts section, see if you can find what you're looking for there. If not, post a picture and we'll see if we can help you.

C_dubbs said:

@thebeertapstore
    @kegcowboy
    @kegoutlet

@kegoutlet let me know if you can't see the image in the first post for some reason. i just checked the permission settings and everything looks correct.
  • ThymThym
    and just in case im posting the image a different way here:

• @Lakewood - was unable to see a picture in the first post, but see the one in the last post. Looking into this to see if we can get replacements for @C_dubbs.

@C_dubbs - can you provide any more pictures? Poppets? Post hole?

Lakewood said:

KegOutlet said:

C_dubbs said:

@thebeertapstore
    @kegcowboy
    @kegoutlet

@kegoutlet let me know if you can't see the image in the first post for some reason. i just checked the permission settings and everything looks correct.

• ThymThym
    KegOutlet said:

@Lakewood - was unable to see a picture in the first post, but see the one in the last post. Looking into this to see if we can get replacements for @C_dubbs.

have you been able to see pictures in any other threads?

what kind of a device are you using?
  • C_BC_B
    KegOutlet said:

@Lakewood - was unable to see a picture in the first post, but see the one in the last post. Looking into this to see if we can get replacements for @C_dubbs.

@ C_dubbs - can you provide any more pictures? Poppets? Post hole?

Lakewood said:

KegOutlet said:

C_dubbs said:

@thebeertapstore
    @kegcowboy
    @kegoutlet

@ kegoutlet let me know if you can't see the image in the first post for some reason. i just checked the permission settings and everything looks correct.

Sure thing. It'll be a couple days but I'll get an exploded view of the whole post assembly. Also the models of the keg.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

KegOutlet said:

@ Lakewood - was unable to see a picture in the first post, but see the one in the last post. Looking into this to see if we can get replacements for @ C_dubbs.

I'm curious of this now. What was different about how you posted that pic, Lake?
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

Lakewood said:

KegOutlet said:

@ Lakewood - was unable to see a picture in the first post, but see the one in the last post. Looking into this to see if we can get replacements for @ C_dubbs.

I'm curious of this now. What was different about how you posted that pic, Lake?

i included the picture as an html image tag. most of us regulars just rely on the file upload thumbnail function to display pictures.
  • ThymThym
    @kegoutlet any luck on this one?

I honestly still don't even recognize that part.
  • C_BC_B
    I have torn down two more kegs since this and neither had this. So I'll have to wait until I float that keg again.
  • ThymThym
    C_dubbs said:

I have torn down two more kegs since this and neither had this. So I'll have to wait until I float that keg again.

I have 9 kegs, none with that part.
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

C_dubbs said:

I have 9 kegs, none with that part.

*flaps arms indignantly* well I'm happy for YOU!