If you're ever in Dayton, OH check this out.
  • C_BC_B
    The Dayton Beer Co. has a pretty cool place. A nice little tap room with a couple tables and even a tv. I had a flight of 5 tasters, trying all five they had on tap. The blonde ale was very meh. But I don't really like blond ales... The IPA and harvest Ales were both decent and I would try again. My biggest knock on the IPA was it wasn't IPA enough? The Porter was interesting, like none I've ever had. Very earthy character with a decidedly shape burnt flavor. IMO it could stand to be slightly smoother, but that's my personal preference.

All in all an awesome place. They are currently brewing in 1 bbl batches but are nearly done assembling a 7 bbl system. They'll start tours once the 7 bbl is up and running. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let me volunteer for a day :D
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Always cool to see a new start up
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Yep. And they already have plans to expand. Have the building locked down and everything.
  • ThymThym
    CB said:

Yep. And they already have plans to expand. Have the building locked down and everything.

Sweet
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    I went here tonight again and got a flight of testers. Hefe, double blond, cream ale, double stout, and an ESB. Almost got a growler of the ESB to bring home. It's all pretty good. The two dark beers I have tried there so far have been heavy on the roasted malt. Not a huge fan of that.