Plumbing to my pump
  • C_BC_B
    I'm making some hoses for my new pump. I'm going to have a psuedo single tier with one pump. So I'll batch sparge still and maybe use another pot or something to transfer the sparge water in so I don't have to keep swapping hoses around.

But the question is... How do you have you pump input sides plumbed? A 1/2" barbed fitting is somewhere in the .35 ID range. That seems like too little flow for the pump. I think they call for no less than .50 or something... I'll have to look that one up again.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    I'd like to use a couple of these to make up my input and output lines for the pump. But I'm afraid of starving the pump.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Just find some old garden hose and some bits of wire to use as hose clamps. Rap it in thread tape if the size is all wrong.
    The trick when using wire as a hose clam it to rap it twice. then the point where the wire's ends meet doesn't make a gap. More than twice you can't get enough tension on all of it by just twisting the ends.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Just find some old garden hose and some bits of wire to use as hose clamps. Rap it in thread tape if the size is all wrong.
    The trick when using wire as a hose clam it to rap it twice. then the point where the wire's ends meet doesn't make a gap. More than twice you can't get enough tension on all of it by just twisting the ends.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    You can say that again.
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym
    God help you if you are using garden hose for hot wort transfer
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    I accepted one and rejected the other. figure that one out.
  • ThymThym
    SeaBee said:

I accepted one and rejected the other. figure that one out.

Sounds like you are on the fence
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny