Grilling and Smoking: tips, tricks, pics.
  • scoobscoob
    Now that the weather is nice, my thoughts wander to grilling up some nice steaks, smoking up a couple slabs of ribs, and having a beer with friends and family.

this is the place to post about the art of smoking, grilling, the pits, rigs, grills, recipes, and tools of the trade.

Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    this reminds me.. It's time to fire up the smoker again. I should do a pork loin this weekend.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    I finished tweaking a sugar cane knife to work on my grill and the smoker, the sheer size makes it perfect for moving ribs, turning a roast or brisket etc, there is a hook on the back edge that is great for moving things around and the top edge has been beveled for use as a spatula for flipping burgers and steaks. The blade is plenty sharp for cutting, slicing, making it a great option for use in the zombie apocalypse as well.
    cane knife grillin tool.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 510K
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    I should have mentioned, the blade is 13 inches long.. hard to judge size in the pic.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

I finished tweaking a sugar cane knife to work on my grill and the smoker, the sheer size makes it perfect for moving ribs, turning a roast or brisket etc, there is a hook on the back edge that is great for moving things around and the top edge has been beveled for use as a spatula for flipping burgers and steaks. The blade is plenty sharp for cutting, slicing, making it a great option for use in the zombie apocalypse as well.

quite ingenious
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Geez scoob. That is wicked/awesome.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    Nice idea ......
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ceanntceannt
    I grill and smoke all year long ....... nothing like pulled pork during a snow storm
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    great lookin knife scoob.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    As far as a tip: Controlling air flow is, at least in my observation, the most crucial part of successful smoking. If you have proper control of the air, you can easily manipulate the smoke temps and keep them more constant.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt
    Tip: use the Hungarian paprika in dry rubs ..... anything else is tasteless .... go bold or go home
  • scoobscoob
    ceannt said:

Tip: use the Hungarian paprika in dry rubs ..... anything else is tasteless .... go bold or go home

My thoughts exactly!
    Jesus didn't wear pants