Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)


Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
USED EQUIPMENT
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    3 HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNERS
    Click to enlarge image(s)
    4" Diameter x 9" Length
    Air Control Disc
    Replacement Burner for ROUND Bayou Classic Cookers

    RETAILS: $24.99 EA

    USED: $10.00 EA
    BG10.jpg
    1200 x 912 - 181K
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Posts: 1,606
    Any luck using those in a custom setup? I have one that is in a turkey fryer, just bought my second keg tonight to my eventual AG setup. I was thinking about burners now for eventually three kegs. They are not too easy to attach to much except for the custom fryer they come with. Your thoughts?
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    Benvarine said:

    Any luck using those in a custom setup? I have one that is in a turkey fryer, just bought my second keg tonight to my eventual AG setup. I was thinking about burners now for eventually three kegs. They are not too easy to attach to much except for the custom fryer they come with. Your thoughts?



    i welded a cross plate in my setup and screwed them im place
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    Lothos said:

    Benvarine said:

    Any luck using those in a custom setup? I have one that is in a turkey fryer, just bought my second keg tonight to my eventual AG setup. I was thinking about burners now for eventually three kegs. They are not too easy to attach to much except for the custom fryer they come with. Your thoughts?



    i welded a cross plate in my setup and screwed them im place


    There's a little threaded bolt on the bottom, right?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Posts: 1,606
    Yes, I believe so, so welding the plate and screwing to it would work.
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    actually the bolt that holds the insert in place protrudes through the bottom of the unit and there is a nut on the bottom also so weld a plate and drill a hole centered under pot and install tightn nut and thats it
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    These still available?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    i still havnt recieved my new ones yet they said that they should have some in stock in a few days and will ship same day so yes i still have them installed in my system
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    Ok let me know when they are decommisioned i may pick one up from you.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    is that all you need is 1 lol
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    Lothos said:

    is that all you need is 1 lol



    I already have one, i dont know what i would do with three :)
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    make your self a keggle MLT and use it to heat the water
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    Lothos said:

    make your self a keggle MLT and use it to heat the water



    I have a keggle mlt. No hlt.. dont want one either. I'm thinking of using it to fire a heat exchanger, rather than relying on electric for all of my strike and sparge. That shiuld increase my flow rates and cut down on the mash in time.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • LothosLothos
    Posts: 2,146
    yes it would and why not have a HLT mash time is 45 to 90 min no matter what
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 103,164
    Lothos said:

    yes it would and why not have a HLT mash time is 45 to 90 min no matter what



    Mash-in not mash time. My brew stand holds two keggles.. i wont be rebuilding it anytime in the forseeable future.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny