Wing flavors and recipes.
  • jlwjlw
    a friend is turning 40 in April and his wife is throwing a big bash and she asked me to cook the food including a bunch of wings. I don'want to do all hot wings so I thought I might be able to try some different flavors. I was thinking at a minimum mild and maybe try honey bbq.

any other flavors you have grilled?
  • viking73viking73
    Marinate in italian dressing. Or soy sauce. Try a dry rub with paprika, garlic, salt, cumin, black pepper, and brown sugar (good on ribs as well and any other fatty cuts of meat also).
  • viking73viking73
    I've tried teriyaki and frankly wasn't impressed.
  • C_BC_B
    I normally just deep fry the wings then toss in a chain wing joint (Buffalo Wild Wings/Roosters/Frickers) sauce. Less than epic, but the wings are tasty.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    think outside the box gents!

here's what you do.
    take 2-3 pounds of wings, put 1/2 gallon water (or so) with 1 cup kosher salt and one cup sugar (or honey) dissolve salt and sugar and dump into freezer bag. let wings sit in there for 24 hours. take out, rinse off, then let air dry in the kitchen on a rack for a few hours, til they get sticky (stickiness is called the pellicle) then smoke them for 2 hours, bringing internal up to 155.
    feed them to people and watch crotches moisten all over the room
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    if you want the meat to stay pretty and pink, add 1 teaspoon of pink salt (insta cure #1) into the liquid
  • jlwjlw

think outside the box gents!

here's what you do.
    take 2-3 pounds of wings, put 1/2 gallon water (or so) with 1 cup kosher salt and one cup sugar (or honey) dissolve salt and sugar and dump into freezer bag. let wings sit in there for 24 hours. take out, rinse off, then let air dry in the kitchen on a rack for a few hours, til they get sticky (stickiness is called the pellicle) then smoke them for 2 hours, bringing internal up to 155.
    feed them to people and watch crotches moisten all over the room

This is an interesting idea as well.
  • jlwjlw
    I am planning on several different flavors. Here is what I have lined up so far based on feedback from some chef friends as well:

1. Hot wings
    2. Honey BBQ
    3. Proven teriyaki recipe
    4. Maybe smoked wings with dipping sauce on the side.

• FuzzyFuzzy
    i recently did honey mustard that was a little heavy on the honey. they were delicious.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • scoobscoob
    Honey hot.

Take your hot sauce and cut it 50/50 with honey.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    One I found on the web a couple years ago.
    2 tbsp smoked paprika
    2 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp cayenne pepper
    1 tbsp dried oregano
    1 tbsp dried thyme
    1 tbsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp white pepper
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 cup oil

Combine everything but oil in food processor and grind to a powder, drizzle in oil till combined into a paste.

Coat 5 lbs wings with paste and refrigerate overnight.

Bake in oven or on grill until done.

We call these slap yo mamma wings.
    Jesus didn't wear pants