Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Hoppy wheat
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Not sure if the right thread, but give it a go. Anyone brewed a hoppy wheat? I have recently brewed a few IPA's and have wanted to brew a wheat, but it is hard to give up the hops. Any recommendations for hop additions, varieties and timing? Dry hopping?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    not sure where you live (as in, if you've ever tried one) but you could go with a gumball head type wheat pale ale. it's got a nice light wheat body, but great amarillo flavor from the late addition hops.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    didn't i send you some of my hoppy wheat, also called american wheat. it was ok, not too special. still have some left, i actually bottled that batch.

@benvarine
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

Not sure if the right thread, but give it a go. Anyone brewed a hoppy wheat? I have recently brewed a few IPA's and have wanted to brew a wheat, but it is hard to give up the hops. Any recommendations for hop additions, varieties and timing? Dry hopping?

and actually, copy and paste this into a new thread in the open forums or recipe section and you will get more answers. that way lake doesn't have to move the convo.
  • BenvarineBenvarine

didn't i send you some of my hoppy wheat, also called american wheat. it was ok, not too special. still have some left, i actually bottled that batch.

@benvarine

It sounds familiar, just send me 4.5 gallons and I will call it good.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Moved to Receipe thread.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

@benvarine

It sounds familiar, just send me 4.5 gallons and I will call it good.

i'll get right on it
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    wow, i'm drunk, i was in here thinking this was the tkt, didn't realize it was a separate thread. yeah, you didn't need to start another one. ha, sorry, damn booze