an interesting beer discussion going on
  • BenSBenS
    Wow. Great find PK. Very interesting article.
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • ThymThym
    I just read that article: Very true, very to the point and if I dare say: I truly hope that the culture of haters and poo-pooers that seem to troll the grounds of so many other site never finds it's way here.

Brew-on!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • PK1PK1
    it seems a lot like people who want to bitch. not everyone is going to like all your beer s anyhow and they all seem to say "except for"
  • ThymThym
    If you only made beers that everyone would like, your selection would be pretty thin. Most people don't respond very well across a broad pallate. People that try my beers inevetably like one or two of the selections, but not much of the others, but the two they pick varies from person to person. I can accept that. It doesn't make me a bad brewer.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i really thought Sam C's response was well written. kinda calls out the hipster crowd "i used to love that beer, until everyone else started loving it"
    that stuff pisses me off.
    while i am aware that i have fairly specific beer tastes, (hoppy, and/or dry, nothing yeasty or sweet tasting/ caramely for me) i totally get that others dig those styles and recognize when people do them well.
    our local craft giant, schlafly, is beginning to fall prey to this. many new breweries have opened here recently, including 4 just this year, and i have heard whispers of how schlafly is getting too big, etc...even i don't like that they have begun contract brewing a little bit, but i can't tell any difference in quality, so why complain?
    people just like to bitch and that's just wrong. drink a beer and relax about it. we are living in a very exciting time in not only the beer world, but also the wine and cider world as well. this is a great time for booze, and everyone who likes good booze should really appreciate that.
  • C_BC_B
    Great response by Sam.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B

i really thought Sam C's response was well written. kinda calls out the hipster crowd "i used to love that beer, until everyone else started loving it"
    that stuff pisses me off.

This. I have no room for people who have more criticism than positive insight.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    I read this earlier today and I am glad Sam took a stand.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    jlw said:

taking a stand is over-rated. what a has been.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym
    you're a tool Z
  • scoobscoob
    I read the whole thread the other day and it made me realize one thing:

I love me a good beer, heck I love a crappy beer in the right setting.

People who hate on a brewery lack the mindset that a brewery is just a building and a brewer is just an employee. in the end it is what is in the glass that matters.

I will be honest I dont like many of sams beers, but some of them are fantastic and those are the ones I buy.

I buy the beer I like, I brew the beer I like, and will always try a beer regardless of where it was brewed or who brewed it.

Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

People who hate on a brewery lack the mindset that a brewery is just a building and a brewer is just an employee. in the end it is what is in the glass that matters.

I will be honest I dont like many of sams beers, but some of them are fantastic and those are the ones I buy.

I buy the beer I like, I brew the beer I like, and will always try a beer regardless of where it was brewed or who brewed it.

this
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

Word.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    A wise beer man once told me that a true beer connisuer may not like every beer, but they should appreciate every single one. I've always tried to hold that mindsight. I will find something I appreciate in every beer.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• ThymThym
    CurlyFat said:

A wise beer man once told me that a true beer connisuer may not like every beer, but they should appreciate every single one. I've always tried to hold that mindsight. I will find something I appreciate in every beer.

that's the way i try to approach it myself. of course there have been a few beers for which i could spot a defect or two and i was a little less appreciative at that point ;)
  • FerminatorFerminator

jlw said:

taking a stand is over-rated. what a has been.

You never cease to amaze me Z. Nobody could ever get bored with you In the mix. b-(
  • ThymThym
    dont encourage him ;)