Caught in the act
  • ThymThym
    Send / upload pictures of you and your friends brewing. I'm looking for pictures of people pouring, stirring, measuring, adjusting, sampling and any other manner of brew related activity. Prefer shots that include physical activity, not just shots of you dorks standing around smiling.

I'm working on some new site graphics and this would be a tremendous help!
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Wish I had a photo of me stirring the brew pot with my foot while playing the Bagpipes..... but I was home alone when that happened...
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

Wish I had a photo of me stirring the brew pot with my foot while playing the Bagpipes..... but I was home alone when that happened...

get a tripod.
  • scoobscoob
    I will be brewing new years day, shall I have the wife take "action shots"? You want kilt or no kilt? Mash tun stirring, grain milling, hop additions, refractometer into the sun money shot, reverse cowgirl? I will try to get the pics you want!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

I will be brewing new years day, shall I have the wife take "action shots"? You want kilt or no kilt? Mash tun stirring, grain milling, hop additions, refractometer into the sun money shot, reverse cowgirl? I will try to get the pics you want!

i think the kilt will add a bit of homebrew class. go for it! take as many shots as you can. doing everything. not to get particular but try to get some good lighting :)
  • scoobscoob
    Is outdoors good enough lighting?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Is outdoors good enough lighting?

Outdoors morning or evening sun. Low and off to the side at about your 10 or 2 usually looks the best.
  • scoobscoob
    Should I just get a pro photographer to shoot the brewday? I have a friend who would prolly do it for free.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

Should I just get a pro photographer to shoot the brewday? I have a friend who would prolly do it for free.

That would be awesome.
  • ThymThym
    And Curly, if you submit, keep them chest up shots if you can't wear some pants.
  • viking73viking73
    So I'm ok if I wear a thong then?
  • ThymThym
    viking73 said:

So I'm ok if I wear a thong then?

yeah, that'll be fine.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Lakewood said:

And Curly, if you submit, keep them chest up shots if you can't wear some pants.

I knew there'd be a catch. At least I know you still like my chest. :D

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• scoobscoob
    Pics were taken while I brewed. I have to go through them and see if any are good. Have some uber closeups of the boil, stirring the mash, and the caramelization step.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Awesome. Looking forward to getting a few of them.
  • djsethalldjsethall
    Step son helping clean some carboys.
    2012-01-07_19-51-48_950.jpg
    3264 x 1840 - 911K
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i remembered to grab a shot of the boil this past brewday.

DSC00279.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 1M
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    and the iodine test. i forgot to test a sample at the start of the mash, but here's midway through and finished.
    DSC00276.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 997K
    DSC00277.JPG
    2592 x 1944 - 914K
  • ThymThym
    Nice. The chalk helps for sure.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    here are my hops all measured out for various times. this was for an IPA i brewed this weekend. (technically a IIPA, but on the lower side)
    hops.JPG
    640 x 427 - 174K
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    the orange slices candy are for the brewer, not the beer. just FYI
  • ThymThym

here are my hops all measured out for various times. this was for an IPA i brewed this weekend. (technically a IIPA, but on the lower side)

how much hops is that? what size batch? maybe im not used to weighing out whole leaf hops, but that looks like a lot.... i thought my 3/4 lb in 10gal was a lot...
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Lakewood said:

how much hops is that? what size batch? maybe im not used to weighing out whole leaf hops, but that looks like a lot.... i thought my 3/4 lb in 10gal was a lot...

because of the whole leaf hops, it looks like much more than it is.
    it's only 5 ounces.
    here is recipe, technically, it's an IIPA, but a weak one. i consider it just an IPA.
    http://hopville.com/recipe/1106090/imperial-ipa-recipes/cascade-ipa
  • ThymThym

Lakewood said:

because of the whole leaf hops, it looks like much more than it is.
    it's only 5 ounces.
    here is recipe, technically, it's an IIPA, but a weak one. i consider it just an IPA.
    http://hopville.com/recipe/1106090/imperial-ipa-recipes/cascade-ipa

Oh, wow. I might have trouble brewing my DIPA with whole leaf. The first addition is almost that much hops. I don't know if I could get all of the additions in the kettle!
  • scoobscoob

I love those things!! and Swedish fish, those are my two favorite gummy candies evar!!

In my toolbox I have a bag of orange slices, and a glass jar of Swedish fish sitting up top for me to snack on, when it goes empty it is filled with orange slices, maybe an occasional big bag of peanut butter cups finds its way into the mix...
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

I love those things!! and Swedish fish, those are my two favorite gummy candies evar!!

In my toolbox I have a bag of orange slices, and a glass jar of Swedish fish sitting up top for me to snack on, when it goes empty it is filled with orange slices, maybe an occasional big bag of peanut butter cups finds its way into the mix...

im partial to the ulcer inducing sourness of sour patch kids and sour gummy worms.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    yeah, swedish fish rock. not those new fangled, different color ones though. good old "red" only.
  • FuzzyFuzzy

yeah, swedish fish rock. not those new fangled, different color ones though. good old "red" only.

i used to love those. and jujubees.