Raise One In Memory
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    As most of us grew up in the 80's, Raise a few beers to MCA today, tonight and this weekend. i can't imagine growing up without the Beastie Boys and will happily drink many beers today while listening to probably every album.

License to Ill was the first cassette i had, ever. it was taken away 2 days later.
  • C_BC_B
    Here here.
    IMAG0481.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 501K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Bonappitit even wrote a bit on this loss; highlighting some of the more food related lyrics he dropped.
    http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandforums/blogs/badaily/2012/05/commemorating-mca-with-beastie.html
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Yes, I said dropped, and I'm about as white as they come. Thanks MCA for making that almost okay.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

Yes, I said dropped, and I'm about as white as they come. Thanks MCA for making that almost okay.

well said
  • jlwjlw
    Thanks MCA for giving us a license ill
  • jlwjlw
    I always loved the song you've got a right to party and brass monkey. One of my favorites now is intergalactic
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    paul revere is one of my top 5 songs of all time, and license to ill is one of my 5 desert island albums. can listen to that shit every day, "in sound from way out" is not as well known, and it is totally different, but for some seriously awesome chill music, it is tops.
    it also shows that those three dudes are not just a couple of white rappers, they have mad musical skill
  • jlwjlw
    Yep I have been running to Paul revere lately. I was glad they got into the music hall of fame and no more so that
    MCA has died.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    jlw said:

Yep I have been running to Paul revere lately. I was glad they got into the music hall of fame and no more so that
    MCA has died.

yeah, i'm happy he was around to witness that, even if he couldn't attend. at least he saw the music world elevate a couple of young white rappers get mad respect.
  • ThymThym
    i was sad to hear he passed.

Im glad i got to see them live in concert a few times growing up. very talented and energetic. MCA will be missed.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny