Pepper Beer
  • ThymThym
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Mash Hopping?.

Jayrizzle
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    Hah.... I'll "first wort pepper"..... so I don't mess up the ph....
    then some more with 15-min. left in the boil to get the heat.....

and I always split them in half...... and roast them at 350, 'til they start to blacken around the edges....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ceanntceannt
    gotta be careful opening up cans of worms around here.....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    I may put one pepper in the mash and then a pepper in the boil around the 15 minute mark.
  • jlwjlw
    Just had another thought for the boil I am debating between leaving it whole or splitting, removing the seeds and the membrane from the inside.
  • djsethalldjsethall
    Habanero?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    djsethall said:

Habanero?

too spicy! you'd never be able to get enough flavor without the heat overpowering everything.

jlwJayrizzle
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ThymThym

djsethall said:

Habanero?

too spicy! you'd never be able to get enough flavor without the heat overpowering everything.

burns going in, burns going out.

jlwJayrizzle
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

djsethall said:

Habanero?

burns going in, burns going out.

I'm thinking bananas or chilis with jalapeno's might even roast to add at some point.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

djsethall said:

Habanero?

true, but they have such a great flavor, just take a chomp out of one, it's really great, then the heat hits you and hurt happens.... and a lot of mucous.
    But if you could time it right so you get the flavor and not much of the heat it's a really great pepper to use for this.

I feel like IBU calculations could be used with scoville units with out much conversion. Maybe I'm completely wrong on that, I don't really know how peppers give out their hotness to a wort, compared to AA's.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio