Corny keg beer line disconnect
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I recently started kegging with cornys. My beer line will not come off the valve without a pliers prying it off. Also need to tap them on with a rubber mallet. What the hell am I doing wrong? The beer line out is pretty torn up by prying with various tools. The gas line comes off and on no problem. I need help.
  • scoobscoob
    Do you have the correct fitting on the correct post?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    The plastic ones are grey and black, black for beer, grey for gas
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    First the obvious question... You have the out on the out and the in on the in? Yes, they are different.
    Do you have other QDs to check on that post? And check that QD on other kegs as well.
    I like to use some lube, that always makes it better. I would probably just replace the post or the QD.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • C_BC_B
    Damn Scoob, you so fast.
  • scoobscoob
    The gas post should also have a notch running around the hex on the bottom.

The posts will interchange, so be sure they are in the right location, and make sure the post o-rings are lubed up
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Do you know the QDs can come apart to he cleaned? Maybe try that too. The top just unscrews where it looks like a big flat head screwdriver fits.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Lots of feedback. Here we go.

I have gray and black correct, and those are brand new. I have the correct in and out, they are labeled, and I don't think you can switch the posts on the keg can you? So that should be right. I bought four cornys at the same time, used, dismantled and cleaned all and replace all o rings. Gas lines come off and on no problem. It's just the beer that are hard.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I have not used lube, on my list for beer store tomorrow.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    What are QD's?
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Quick disconnect? I have tried on other posts and I have a few beer QD's, and tried on different posts.
  • scoobscoob
    You can swap the posts from one side to another, I have had a keg that had two gas posts, I had to get a post online to make it right .
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

What are QD's?

Quick disconnects.

Benvarine said:

Quick disconnect? I have tried on other posts and I have a few beer QD's, and tried on different posts.

So you have one beer post that none of the beer QDs will fit on? Try a gas QD on it.
  • scoobscoob
    O-rings on outside of the posts the correct size?
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I just tried all gas and beer on all posts. All are almost impossible to put on without "persuasion". O rings might be the wrong size? They are a pain to remove and put on, they seem tight. I can check at LHBS.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    lube that shit up and forget about it.

you are talking about the actual disconnects though and not the clear plastic line from the metal barbs right?

that clear line should be a pain in the ass to remove (or put on)
  • C_BC_B
    Lube makes a HUGE difference. Try some food grade lube (I think vaseline works?) before you try anything else. If they are still the same, something is terribly wrong.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    lube it, I will try that and check back. Thanks
  • scoobscoob
    Lube before inserting.... Words to live by!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • LothosLothos
    Lol scoob
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • jlwjlw
    After reading this and by chance was doing some research on kegs the other day i think I may have switched the in/out posts. I also need to start lubing so it slides in easier and makes for a better experience for both parties.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    jlw said:

After reading this and by chance was doing some research on kegs the other day i think I may have switched the in/out posts. I also need to start lubing so it slides in easier and makes for a better experience for both parties.

LOL. Yes, easier on both parties is good. I am taking my "problems" to my LHBS tomorrow for help and parts I need.
  • jlwjlw
    Benvarine said:

jlw said:

LOL. Yes, easier on both parties is good. I am taking my "problems" to my LHBS tomorrow for help and parts I need.

Now that's just a weird thing to say.
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Yea, one-stop shop there, they take care of everything that ales you. Ales you,... (crickets) ... yea, bad pun.

C_BThym
  • jlwjlw
    Benvarine said:

Yea, one-stop shop there, they take care of everything that ales you. Ales you,... (crickets) ... yea, bad pun.

I like it.
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

"like"
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Defective poppet valves, LHBS swapped them out for free, and I didn't even buy them there. All good now.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Benvarine said:

Defective poppet valves, LHBS swapped them out for free, and I didn't even buy them there. All good now.

sweet deal.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake