Memberships and Brewkits
  • ThymThym
    An overview of Membership at HBF:

The basic Membership is free, and gives you access to some topic areas and discounts not available to guest.

Subscriptions are paid memberships which give you access to additional areas of the site and give you the overwhelming sense of satisfaction that comes with supporting a group of like minded individuals.

There are two subscription levels, a yearly recurring subscription and a monthly subscription called Brew Kit Quarterly.

Brew Kit Quarterly is a $20/mo membership price... i'm trying to get that down but right now you get 4 kits per year at that rate.

I'm going to post all-grain versions of the recipes. The kits are my extract version, which is obviously easier to ship, considering they all come in around .074-.080 OG.

If you would like to just buy a kit without signing up for BKQ, you can order them at the marketplace http://marketplace.homebrewforums.net

The names of the beers suck, because I'm a retard and can't come up with good names for things. But the beers are truly great. If you don't like it, I'll buy you a six pack of something you do like.

This offer goes to everyone here. I'd love to have you give these kits a go, if you like them you can post your comments on the threads i will create for them. If you hate them... you get a six pack of something you like, and we never speak of it again. :)
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    oh, and to add to this - if you donate $60 or more, I'll send you a kit of your choice.

The donate button is a one-time only payment and is available on under the who's online box on the full site.
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Cool! I didn't know anything about that little perk!

We need a thread tagged free beer kit to get people in from google, I think..

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• C_BC_B
    Maybe I can help get this ball rolling. I want in. Sign me up. Rather, where do i sign up?

EDIT: I don't want to start this and then pop the cash for another big extract batch at the same time. I will do this after we get the Wicked Angel swap going. Or it can be my first kit. Either way works for me.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym

Maybe I can help get this ball rolling. I want in. Sign me up. Rather, where do i sign up?

EDIT: I don't want to start this and then pop the cash for another big extract batch at the same time. I will do this after we get the Wicked Angel swap going. Or it can be my first kit. Either way works for me.

it'll be youre first kit, and i'll make an exception for you and send it out before you have paid the three months. go to your profile page and there is a subscription button at the top. choose brewkit quarterly and you will get billed monthly through paypal.
  • C_BC_B
    I'll set it up. I assume you'll wait until the sixth month to send out the second kit? That makes sense to me.
  • ThymThym

I'll set it up. I assume you'll wait until the sixth month to send out the second kit? That makes sense to me.

yes, that way you'll be back into the normal cycle.
  • C_BC_B
    I GOT MY KIT TODAY. Btw, that is enough hops for three or four of my normal beers. I'm excited. :D
  • LothosLothos
    OK WHATS THE NEXT BREW KIT
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Lothos said:

The Snow Storm Imperial Wit should be the next kit. However there are more Wicked Angel kits available to anyone who would like one of those instead.
  • LothosLothos
    Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

The Snow Storm Imperial Wit should be the next kit. However there are more Wicked Angel kits available to anyone who would like one of those instead.

i like this
    fa3a3a932358158409256492645228.jpg
    1040 x 1136 - 781K

beerluvver
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Lothos said:

Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

i like this

thanks. It looks pretty cool printed on thick, textured paper and attached to a bottle.
  • LothosLothos
    Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

i like this

thanks. It looks pretty cool printed on thick, textured paper and attached to a bottle.

Ya she got Tig O Bitties lol
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • ThymThym
    Lothos said:

Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

Lakewood said:

Lothos said:

i like this

Ya she got Tig O Bitties lol

what better to go with a big ol witbier.
  • LothosLothos
    ah yup
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    i oak aged a witbier once. odd, but tasty
  • This brew kit club sounds interesting. I might have to give it a try.
  • C_BC_B

This brew kit club sounds interesting. I might have to give it a try.

It sounds a bit pricey, but after I got the first kit I realized its actually a pretty good deal. These kits are big beers and all DME. And the last one had a metric freakin ton of hops.

Thym