Where's home?
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    This discussion was created from comments split from: what's cookin?.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • LothosLothos
    where is everyone from ie (states)
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    well, i'm from beecher, il. it's about 30 min south of chicago.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    if you go back further than that, i'm at least 50% dutch and the rest is likely to be western european.
  • LothosLothos
    lol
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • C_BC_B
    Central Ohio. By way of Ireland/England/Wales/Germany. I'm basically the definition of WASP.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    missouri
    prussian/italian
  • ThymThym
    California. Euro Mutt.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • viking73viking73
    Montana, northern europe
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    St. Louis, German.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Western Mass, Welsh, English, Scottish but mostly immigrated before this was a country, also some American Indian in the mix, oh, and a farmer from Nova Scotia.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B
    So we're all euro trash. Cool.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    Benvarine said:

St. Louis, German.

look deeper, probably prussian.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

So we're all euro trash. Cool.

Not anymore, just white trash now
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • PK1PK1
    WI boy now living in Seattle
  • LothosLothos
    Lothos lives in Olalla wa not quite port orchard
    Cherokee Indian/Norwegian/Dutch/scotch Irish
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • jlwjlw
    I don't know. Even though I have lived outside of West Virginia as much as I have lived inside of her borders I would and will always identify as a West Virginian and the larger populous of the Appalachians. I currently live in Virginia but have also lived in South Carolina, Ohio and Texas. I have some Indian decent but much more Easter European blood than anything. I believe Dutch and Scottish.
  • BenvarineBenvarine

Benvarine said:

St. Louis, German.

Look deeper? Both sides German, a little Swiss on my Dad's grandmothers side. Came over at beginning of the civil war, three brothers, married three sisters. Gerbers, Kauffmans, Grossman's. Pretty German.
  • C_BC_B
    Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

St. Louis, German.

Look deeper? Both sides German, a little Swiss on my Dad's grandmothers side. Came over at beginning of the civil war, three brothers, married three sisters. Gerbers, Kauffmans, Grossman's. Pretty German.

You might say uber German.
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

Benvarine said:

Benvarine said:

St. Louis, German.

You might say uber German.

well, the point is, that a massive chunk of "germany" was actually prussia, like massive. and the majority of settlers to this area were not from germany, as they all believe they were, but actually prussia.
    some argue that prussia is germany because they took it over for a time, but i disagree because they took over most of europe for a time!
  • ceanntceannt
    Originally from the Flint Hills of Kansas...... Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Palatian German.... most everybody was here before 1750.... my great-de-great great granddaddy signed the Mayflower compact (Stephen Hopkins).... just recently found out that another was the forman of the jury for the Salem Witch trials.......
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • viking73viking73
    Lothos said:

Lothos lives in Olalla wa not quite port orchard
    Cherokee Indian/Norwegian/Dutch/scotch Irish

Lothos refers to himself in the 3rd person?
  • LothosLothos
    Lothos is just that way
    Ain't that a Bitch
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    ceannt said:

Originally from the Flint Hills of Kansas...... Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Palatian German.... most everybody was here before 1750.... my great-de-great great granddaddy signed the Mayflower compact (Stephen Hopkins).... just recently found out that another was the forman of the jury for the Salem Witch trials.......

Some of my family was run out of Salem for sealing pigs shortly before the witch trials; they ended up in Nantucket whaling
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • scoobscoob
    Originally from Chicago IL, now hailing from Phoenix AZ.

Scottish, Irish, German, the German is a regional smattering.

Irish side dates back to somewhere pre-800ad.
    Scottish side is clan Maxwell, one of my ancestors,William Maxwell was I think the first notable escape from London tower.
    Being a lord he had the privilege of having women to his cell, several at a time, he kept a piece of clothing from a few here and there, then one eve there was an extra woman who just walked out the cell with the others and to freedom.

German side seems mostly made of farmers and a couple lesser knights.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    azscoob said:

Originally from Chicago IL, now hailing from Phoenix AZ.

Scottish, Irish, German, the German is a regional smattering.

Irish side dates back to somewhere pre-800ad.
    Scottish side is clan Maxwell, one of my ancestors,William Maxwell was I think the first notable escape from London tower.
    Being a lord he had the privilege of having women to his cell, several at a time, he kept a piece of clothing from a few here and there, then one eve there was an extra woman who just walked out the cell with the others and to freedom.

German side seems mostly made of farmers and a couple lesser knights.

My wife and son are descendants of Niall of the Nine Hostages, one of the kings of Ireland. i murried inta royltie!
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    I was born and raised and still hail from Wyoming. Heritage is German (on my paternal side), and American hash (on the maternal side). The maternal side has been traced back to vikings, so I suppose I'm German/Viking. I wonder why I'm so peaceful? Doesn't make sense...

No royalty anywhere. We're peasants through and through.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B