What are you reading?
  • jlwjlw
    I started reading Brew Like a Monk by Stan Hieronymus. Pretty interesting book, I just got into the first chapter.

Thought I would ask what brewing books you are or have read and which ones do you recommend?
  • scoobscoob
    I can post a list of the books used to teach the brewmaster courses at Siebel if you are interested.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    azscoob said:

I can post a list of the books used to teach the brewmaster courses at Siebel if you are interested.

I would like to see that list.

And although I'm not reading it straight through like a story, I've been going through Designing Great Beers from time to time. It's really interesting to get a picture of what stands out versus the things that vary a lot in award winning versions of a style.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Agreed, I would like to see the list of books. i think designing great beers is next on list for me.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    thread bump. i finished almost everything in my kindle libary so now i need more. any suggestions?

@jlw, @frydogbrews, @isanyoneelseevenliterate?
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat

thread bump. i finished almost everything in my kindle libary so now i need more. any suggestions?

I'm reading American Gods right now. I like it a lot.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• JayrizzleJayrizzle
    I'm reading TKT from the beginning
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews

I recently went on a JA Konrath binge. he also writes horror under the name Jack Kilbourn. I've read all those too. They are all good shit. His Jack Daniels series is great.
    Also, all his books are in kindle unlimited so you can borrow them for free. If you haven't used your free 3 day KU trial, do it for his books and devour them.

• frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    DrCurly said:

I thought this had some great parts but was way way too long (but i read the 'directors cut' because i'm an idiot)
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat

DrCurly said:

I thought this had some great parts but was way way too long (but i read the 'directors cut' because i'm an idiot)

Im trodging through the special edition as well. I binged 47% in one long sitting, so that's helping it not feel too long I guess.

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B