Feedback on Hops Scent
  • I am a scent designer at a custom fragrance company and we are working on a Hops fragrance oil that can be used to make candles, soaps, beard oil, and other scented products. We're working on some different formulations right now, but I was curious what were the most popular types of Hops used in home brewing? We'd like to do four different Hops scents, but want them to be familiar to home brewers so you would understand that one has more citrus top notes, while a different one might have more pine or resin notes. Any feedback about what varietals of Hops to focus on first that would be the most popular? Thanks in advance for your feedback and help on this project!
  • ThymThym
    I'd probably start with these

Citra - citrus scent
    Centennial - pine
    Hallertau - floral

EliseM
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jeepinjeepinjeepinjeepin
    How can you leave out Cascade?

EliseM
    Sign here______________________________
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle

By it not being 1999 anymore.

jeepinjeepin
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

I find the aroma of Centennial and Cascade pretty similar, flavor profile is different, but aroma is pretty close.

jeepinjeepin
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • CurlyFatCurlyFat
    Fuggles might be nice. It has an earthy kind of scent.

ThymEliseM

I took a short one a couple hours ago. It was nice. --
    C_B

• ceanntceannt
    East Kent Goldings has always been my favorite aroma hop. That earthy, slightly floral scent is delightful

EliseM
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • Thank you all for your input, i appreciate it! I took some great notes from this