compact CO2 injectors
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    has anyone ever used these compact CO2 injectors?
    http://www.midwestsupplies.com/compact-co2-injector-ball-lock-fitting-compact-co2-injector.html
    it would be nice to have a way to take kegs places but i am not disassembling my distributor and hoses from my keezer to do this.
    i realize that i could buy a new distributor and just use my tank and regulator but dragging all that stuff around is still a pain.
  • ThymThym
    I have one of those. It takes about two of the little CO2 cylinders to empty a full 5 gal keg. It works pretty well, but it's not regulated, so it's easy to overshoot the serving pressure if you aren't careful.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    do you have one of the ones like in the link? i saw one for 25 bucks and another for almost 100. i think the expensive one had a tiny regulator though...
  • ThymThym

do you have one of the ones like in the link? i saw one for 25 bucks and another for almost 100. i think the expensive one had a tiny regulator though...

I have the one like in the link, no regulator. Simple, cheap and effective.
  • djsethalldjsethall
    Those would work. I have found it easier to buy another regulator and a small 5lb co2 cylinder for travelling
  • ThymThym
    I've done that as well. It's a little more hassle when it comes to the transportation, but it's really convenient.

But i also find i usually take more than one keg when i go somewhere, so you need to add a distribution bock to the list of things to lug around typically.

I ended up turning my two separate regulators into a single, dual regulator setup that is attached to the fridge. So now i just use the little C02 Charger for road trips.

BTW- it also works great with the soda bottle ball lock carbing caps.. allows you to pour out some beer from your 2l bottle, throw the cap on and charge it back up.

• FuzzyFuzzy
    i have one too. they're great for when your tank runs out, or you have a leak and all of the sudden your pressure is at 0. i also like to use it to seal stubborn kegs, you can really blast em with some nice quick pressure.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake