Diesel Punk Porter
  • C_BC_B
    Aroma - Strong caramel notes. Very obvious from the first whiff that this will be a sweet example of the style.

Appearance - Dark brown, not quite black. Thin light brown head that laced reasonably well down the glass.

Flavor - Caramel first note fading into a reasonably well balanced finish with just a hint of roast.

Mouthfeel - Medium carbonation with enough creaminess to give the flavor some depth without giving it "chew".

Overall - I like it and I'll buy it again. I prefer a sweeter/maltier beer especially in the porters and stouts. If you like 'em dry you won't like this one. While it isn't overly sweet I think this sweetness comes more from the crystal malts than base grain. It rides the very fine line of being too sweet without falling over the edge.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • C_BC_B
    **sigh**

Troll.
  • ThymThym
    I tried this a while back. It was drinkable... barely drinkable. Like drinking a bud light with over roasted bakers chocolate and a handful of table sugar in it.

I might drink one again if it was given to me... but I wont be paying money for one.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

I tried this a while back. It was drinkable... barely drinkable. Like drinking a bud light with over roasted bakers chocolate and a handful of table sugar in it.

I might drink one again if it was given to me... but I wont be paying money for one.

This might be a mild exaggeration. Just maybe. While not terribly inaccurate, just exaggerated.
  • C_BC_B
    I still liked it and will probably pay money for it again.
  • ThymThym
    C_B said:

Lakewood said:

This might be a mild exaggeration. Just maybe. While not terribly inaccurate, just exaggerated.

it's the best description i could come up with.
  • JayrizzleJayrizzle
    Lakewood said:

Damn, that's exactly how I like my bud light, I'll have to try it.
    "I don't have TP, but I do have ammo."
    -Some guy in Ohio
  • ThymThym

Lakewood said:

Damn, that's exactly how I like my bud light, I'll have to try it.

You might like it