cheese!
  • morsmors
    Well I don't have a pic of my press to show you (as was requested) but I do have this pic of my cheese drying and of it after I waxed it and put it in the cellar... I'm still learning how to best use my press. Last time I used it I called my cheese "Mr Burn's Arms" because that's what it looked like.. yellow and super wrinkly all down the sides... I got most of the side wrinkles taken care of now, but the ends are still not very pretty... Learn a little more each time I make some. For reference the press I have is called the Cheesy Press and looks like this:

http://schmidling.com/press.htm
    BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
    Cicerone Certified Beer Server
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • ThymThym
    Looks pretty good to me, though I did get a good laugh out of Mr. Burns arms.

I assume that's a Jack Schmidling product. I have one of his two roller mills. Quality.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    to help with the wrinkles, take the cloth off for the last pressing. it should help smooth it out significantly.

mors
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • morsmors
    Lakewood said:

Looks pretty good to me, though I did get a good laugh out of Mr. Burns arms.

I assume that's a Jack Schmidling product. I have one of his two roller mills. Quality.

Yep.
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"
  • morsmors

to help with the wrinkles, take the cloth off for the last pressing. it should help smooth it out significantly.

I'll give it a try next time. I did find this one came out much smoother. I was lazy and should have been taking the cloth off and reapplying when I rotated it in the the press... but I was lazy and just rotated...
    AHA Member
    CRAFT Homebrew Club
    HBT "mors"