Cinnamon Almonds
  • ceanntceannt
    One of the women my wife works with made this stuff. My wife brought some home for me, knowing how much I like things like this. I said “I will have to get the recipe from her” (hey she’s cute, what can I say…) but the wife beat me to it, and held up a hand written scribbled down copy… Anyway, try this…. Yummy!

Cinnamon Almonds

1 ½ cup sugar
    3 TBS cinnamon
    1/8 TSP Kosher salt
    1 egg white
    1 ½ TSP vanilla
    3 ¼ cup almonds

Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in egg white and vanilla. Coat almonds, and put in crock pot. Add the remaining mixture and stir. Cook on high for 2 hours, stir every 30 minutes. Allow to cool on parchment paper. Become addicted, and eat them all.
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    sounds good.

I bet you could sub in all sorts of different spices for the cinnamon.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    I fecking love these things, I have mama make em all the time, she has subbed a few different things, spices, nuts, my favorite is walnuts , add a shake or two of chili powder or (my favorite) ground chipotle, the results are amazing. The sweet, the smokey spicy chipotle. Dang.... I need to plan a Costco trip to stock up on walnuts and almonds, the chipotle I have on hand.... Holiday gift ideas!
    Jesus didn't wear pants